Tomorrow we head out for Michigan so since I am giving my classes busy work today I thought I would post my recaps of Big Ten Roadies...
I will rank them from worst to first.
5. Minnesota: Tailgating was really spread out and the bar scene was lame. One native told us that everyone hits up the Buffalo Wild Wings by the stadium, that was a bad sign. We found a cool place "Stub and Herbs" but other than that it sucked. I would not go back.
4. Northwestern: This is a tough one because people like to consider this a Chicago trip but I don't. Evanston is lame and the bars don't even open up until 11 (maybe noon) what saved this trip was the Blur Tailgate. We all bought the cheap pass for Blue but they gave me the VIP wristband by accident and that meant all food and drinks were free.
3. Wisconsin: Call me crazy but I was not as impressed as I thought I would be...maybe the expectations were too high? I don't know. The tailgating was sort of odd with a lot of small lots. The bars were a blast though.
2. Illinois: The Grange Grove will end up being a really cool thing...and you can bring kegs to your tailgate spot. The bar scene is great and they are basically on campus which was awesome.
1. Purdue: The Breakfast Club thing is outstanding. College kids hit up the bars at like 5am dressed up in costumes and party hard. The stuff is a little spread out but not bad. Had a great freaking time.
Where Michigan falls...I am guessing it will be better than Minny and maybe NW.