How does the USC game effect recruiting?

It's a positive. Remember the old saying, "The only bad publicity is no publicity". Before we can have a shot at recruiting them, they have to know about us.

Besides, if a recruit won't consider anyone who can't beat USC, then almost no one would be able to recruit anyone.

Good points. Plus we had 30,000 people there and that has to be something a recruit looks at, fan support. Also I guess the coaches were out recruiting Thursday. Maybe they should have been thinking about the game. :dunno

I just hope they start recruiting some secondary guys and thinking about that. They are loading up our offense and we need that, but we are noticiably shallow at secondary!!!! :blink:

they already have 3 secondary commits and are looking to take 3 more I would imagine. If they get someone like Travis lewis, I think he moves to linebacker. So, yes, this is an issue they are addressing. GBR

Do you think we lose lots of chance with players due to our loss at USC? Or do you think we get a chance with some players because we came there and played tough? I don't really think it will effect us either way personally. The playcalling may have hurt us a little if we're talking about WR's or QB's.

Your thoughts?

it will always be a battle to pull great recruits from California......no beaches, no lights, and lots of great schools to keep the kids out there..(USC, UCLA, Cal)..this game was not instrumental in changing any recruit's mind in my opinion..got to get to the next level and show we are competitive......still a work in progress........

hunter

MOVED BY MODS TO THE OFFENDING POSTS THREAD DUE TO VIOLATION OF BOARD RULES CONCERNING POSTING ON TOPIC.

Not sure that post should have been moved for being off topic. In his opinion the way the game was coached might affect a player's views and would have an effect on recruiting.

It was how the game might affect recruiting - not the coaching. All he had to do was start his own thread concerning the effect of the coaching; he chose to post a response that sought to derail the thread.