Mexican food in Omaha

spanishhorn

Saludos, Husker fans...

I am part of the team that will be broadcasting the Texas game in Spanish. We have a long-standing tradition of eating Mexican food the night before the game. Omaha seems to have quite a few Mexican restaurants to choose from. Do y'all have any recommendations? We really appreciate your input.

I would suggest Nettie's. This is located in Bellevue, Nebraska (suburb of Omaha). They have the best Mexican food in my opinion. It's a Mom and Pop Family shop. Mom died a couple of years ago, but the business continues, run by daughters, sons, nieces, and nephews.

Netties Fine Mexican Food

7110 Railroad Av

Bellevue, NE 68147 - 1647

(402) 733-3359

• 2 weeks later...

We ended up eating at alvarados because we got in so late, and I will say we were not disappointed at all. I ordered carnitas, and they were cooked just the way I like them. Delicious.

I cannot tell you how impressed we were with not only the Nebraska staff at the stadium, but also the fans. We had heard from other folks that Nebraska fans were the best fans in college fotball, so our expectations were very high. Well, our expectations were exceeded. It was honor to work at Memorial Stadium, and we feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to visit one of the temples of college football.

Muchisimas gracias a todos los piscadores de maiz.

• 1 year later...