Husker Recruiting

and that IS one reason we can't attract a top qb........cause we don't have an offensive coach to teach him the skills he wil need to get to the next level.....we need help here in that regard.....and fast!

This may be changing. Isn't one of the primary reasons Keller came to Nebraska was Callahan and the WCO? Don't be surprised if Sam is a pre-season Heisman candidate. If Keller is as good as I think he is, and if our offensive line toughens up, then our offense will be quite explosive next year. And that just may attract a few very good QB's.

and that IS one reason we can't attract a top qb........cause we don't have an offensive coach to teach him the skills he wil need to get to the next level.....we need help here in that regard.....and fast!

This may be changing. Isn't one of the primary reasons Keller came to Nebraska was Callahan and the WCO? Don't be surprised if Sam is a pre-season Heisman candidate. If Keller is as good as I think he is, and if our offensive line toughens up, then our offense will be quite explosive next year. And that just may attract a few very good QB's.

keller came here as an after thought.....we sure couldn't get him as a high school recruit........but i agree, he sure won't hurt our chances next year

keller came here as an after thought.....we sure couldn't get him as a high school recruit........but i agree, he sure won't hurt our chances next year

We wouldn't have recruited him when he came out of high school. What's your point?

Ah come on you know Frankie and Cotton had their eye on Keller all along but Daley took their breath away! :sarcasm

We wouldn't have recruited him when he came out of high school. What's your point?

Keller is the real deal...........HOLEYFIELD

It would of made more sense if you would of atleast spelled HOLYFIELD's name right! :nanalama

In the Lincoln Journal Star today:

Early start limits recruiting visitors

Because of the 11 a.m. start time to Saturday’s game, Nebraska likely will play host to only one recruit this weekend — quarterback Patrick Witt of Wylie, Texas.

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Witt orally committed to Nebraska this past June and plans to enroll in school in January.

At one point, Nebraska had as many as a dozen potential visitors lined up for Saturday’s showdown against Big 12 rival Missouri, according to one Internet recruiting site. That all changed last weekend when ABC announced the game would begin at 11 a.m. instead of 7 p.m. Both times were being considered.

The Texas-Nebraska game two weeks ago in Lincoln also began at 11 a.m.

Asked Thursday how much the early kickoffs have affected the number of recruiting visits, Husker coach Bill Callahan said, “It’s stung it pretty good.”

In fact, the coach said, the early starts mean Nebraska will have to reschedule trips for as many as 16 visitors.

“(The early start time) hurts because kids have to travel from a distance,” he said. “Sometimes it’s hard to get a connecting flight and also make the kickoff and enjoy the game itself — especially with kids playing on Friday nights until late.”

Missing Husker games “doesn’t allow a player to see Nebraska at its best,” the coach added. “That’s what’s disappointing — that a guy can’t come in and see the game-day festivities and the coaches and be in the locker room and see what’s going on.”

With so many postponed visits, the Nov. 26 Colorado game and the month of December stack up as key recruiting opportunities.

“We’re going to have to have a huge December,” Callahan said.

However, “It’s hard to manufacture a game-like atmosphere in December.”

The loss? No, I don't believe so. We didn't really have a problem recruiting guys when we went 5-6.

These morning games are killing official visitors though. That's rough for recruiting.

That's what I was thinking. That 11 am start sucks. I read the LJS article and we went from a potential 16 visitors to 1. Not too many home games left, hopefully we can bring in a bunch for CU. Some players might be done for the season, but others could still be in the playoffs.

look at the cu game as a potential suckfest for recruiting as well... idont know about you guys but my family comes first...thats the day after thanksgiving...i dont know how early these kids come in on that friday but that day is devoted to family and close friends. I wouldn't leave them early to travel across the country to see a school. I would however travel to kc to watch the huskers play :clap