Weight: 175

40 time: 4.26

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska

Favorites: ?

Rankings/Stars: :star

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Some have refferred to him as the "white Reggie Bush".

Sam McGuffie RB 5'9 178 4.32 Houston Cy-Fair Texas

Sam enjoyed a superlative junior season and is now being mentioned among the nation’s elite running backs………As a junior, he was named First Team Class 5A All-State after rushing for an impressive 3,121 yards and averaging 8.6 yards per carry……..One of the nation’s most improved players between his sophomore and junior seasons……As a sophomore, he earned Second Team All-District honors at RB after rushing for 853 yards (7.4 ypc) and 11 TDs………Speed and quickness are the name of his game, he’ as good as anyone in the prep ranks when in the open field…….At the college level could excel at TB, slotback and as a return man……..Very, very impressive on film, showing the power to easily break arm tackles at the prep level and the athleticism to leap over an opposing defender on a TD run (a popular video on U-Tube)………..Will need to get bigger, but he has been growing rapidly and his father is 6-5, 270…….Really wowed onlookers at a 2006 combine in Houston, earning MVP honors as a sophomore with the following marks: a 4.32 and a 4.35 in the forty, a 3.83 shuttle, a 41.8 vertical and 15 reps on the bench.……….Reportedly ran a sub 4.3 forty at the 2006 UTEP summer camp…..By mid-January he had received offers from Kansas, Texas Tech and Texas A&M.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%. It's way early and this kid is getting alot of attention from schools like KSU, Baylor, OSU, Michigan State, Iowa, Wisconsin.

Check out this video: http://www.break.com/index/high_school_foo...s_defender.html

Uncanny.

Same Size and same exact (handheld) 40 time as my Nephew two years ago..Except Michael was 10 lbs. heavier.

He was a 2-yr starter for one of the largest High School's out here. Fumbled only one time in 2 years.

Prefered running over people even though he was the fastest guy on his team. Had a 285? yd. game (3TD's) in their come from behind Homecomming game Win against one of Arizona's 5A title contenders.

Ran back 2 KO's for TD's during his Sr. season. Also Started on Defense the 2nd half of the season so his carries went down (900 yds? for the season)..

He also went to 3 football camps at NU (and was a 3.85 student wanting to go into E.Engineering like my Brother)..

But was never offered. (My brother said it was because he was White).

I wonder what's changed, if anything.

well i think that danny woodhead proves that kids can get over looked...franky never talked to the kid about any scholly...just hey you should walk on...now look at him, leading all NCAA in rushing... same size as cory ross...but with, i believe more speed...no scholly...should we blame it on race, i dont quite think so...this isn't the 50's anymore

Uncanny.

Same Size and same exact (handheld) 40 time as my Nephew two years ago..Except Michael was 10 lbs. heavier.

He was a 2-yr starter for one of the largest High School's out here. Fumbled only one time in 2 years.

Prefered running over people even though he was the fastest guy on his team. Had a 285? yd. game (3TD's) in their come from behind Homecomming game Win against one of Arizona's 5A title contenders.

Ran back 2 KO's for TD's during his Sr. season. Also Started on Defense the 2nd half of the season so his carries went down (900 yds? for the season)..

He also went to 3 football camps at NU (and was a 3.85 student wanting to go into E.Engineering like my Brother)..

where did your nephew end up going to college? was he recruited by any of the Pac-10 schools?

Uncanny.

where did your nephew end up going to college? was he recruited by any of the Pac-10 schools?

A small private school in Oregon (Minnefield)?

They won Div 111? national championship but he redshirted his Fr. year.

He got homesick last Summer and came back here ..Enrolled at ASU where his Fiance goes..No more Football, though.

He had some offers from a couple of Ivy League schools..Brown? and I think Harvard, He and my Brother checked out a few, but I think my nephew was starting to get burned out..ASU and Arizona seemed to be loaded at HB at the time and didn't show much interest...He's a real gentile soul and hated hurting DB's..

I don't know why your nephew wasn't recruited just by looking at his stats. However, I do know a lot of teams base their recruiting off of potental. Maybe they didn't think your nephew would get much better or that the potental of other recruits was so much greater than that of your nephew's. I don't know for sure, just throwing that out there.

I don't know why your nephew wasn't recruited just by looking at his stats. However, I do know a lot of teams base their recruiting off of potental. Maybe they didn't think your nephew would get much better or that the potental of other recruits was so much greater than that of your nephew's. I don't know for sure, just throwing that out there.

I have a cousin that was tearing it up at RB in the Chicago burbs in the early 80's and he was getting looks from a lot of schools including Nebraska. Then he had a major knee injury and the interest dried up. Now he's an airplane mechanic. I'm sure there's thousands of similar stories out there.

Here's to hoping McGuiffe has a bright future and possibly at Nebraska.

Yeah..Good point..(potential) I doubt his neck could get much bigger..Accd to my Bro..He tanked his last few tests at camp and I think lost ~6" on his vert. jump?..Plus..There were a lot of RB's offered that year from this area..I think 5-6 went Div.1

He had a pretty good Highlight tape that they mailed out, but again.Maybe it was more obvious to others that he was loosing some of the dESIRE.

The only faults I could see in his game on Offense. was his lack of Field vision..He just looked for somebody to mow over instead of looking for creases..On defense, He was the opposite ..it was frustrating watching him not tackle someone HARD..

I emailed a Cousin of mine that walked on at Nebraska (1978) for some advice, and he was telling me Nebraska wasn't even going after this one other kid from North Platte? that was leading the state in yardage that year..I forget why..I think it was the WCO not wanting "Slashers"?.

Yeah..Good pointI doubt his neck could get much bigger..Accd to my Bro..He tanked his last few tests at camp and I think lost ~6" on his vert. jump?

He had a pretty good Highlight tape that they mailed out, but again.Maybe it was more obvious to others that he was loosing some of the dESIRE.

The only faults I could see in his game on Offense. was his lack of Field vision..He just looked for somebody to mow over instead of looking for creases..On defense, He was the opposite ..it was frustrating watching him not tackle someone HARD..

I emailed a Cousin of mine that walked on at Nebraska (1978) for some advice, and he was telling me Nebraska wasn't even going after this one kid from North Platte? that was leading the state in yardage that year..I forget why.

Who was your Cousin?

• 4 weeks later...

37, honestly, if your brother said that and believes it, you should hand him a dose of 'brotherly love' to knock some sense into him.

Coaches won't look at the color of someones skin to make a judgment, because at the end of the day, it won't keep their job security and put more green in their pocket. Coaches will recruit who they feel is best (even if they whiff on who the better player is sometimes), to keep their program on top, and to keep their job safe.

From what I recall, I actually remember your family members name that was recruited. If the coaches got a first hand look and didn't feel he was worthy, you should just accept it, and move on.

Forty times are really nothing more than eye candy, ask Randall Williams what his hand held time of 4.19 got him. Yeah, I'm sure you are asking yourself "who?" That's exactly my point.

ummm.... look at the video that is provided, i dont care who your cousin was, he wasnt doing THAT in high school...

Sorry..I didn't see your post before tonight.

I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about "naming names" but my Cousin was the 1st Nebraska High Schooler to tripple Jump over 50'..And Started for the Huskers as a Redshirt Freshman...Sorry..sounds like I'm bragging.

Actually, Our Dads were 1st cousins..Not sure how distant that makes us..

If you're really interested, click on the underlined word, "cousin"...Probably before most of your times.

I'm pretty sure they included the clip of my NEPHEW hurtling over a DB for a 60 yd TD in his recruiting tape.

I gave him a little chit for that, accusing him of trying to make the "Friday Night Fever" highlight show shown here after H.S Football games every Friday night.

Since my last post on this thread, I was picking up a Computer My Nephew had camped out for at Best Buy (Black Friday) and gotten for me...Said he played with some guys at Church a few days before and was starting to get the "itch" again..Maybe even walk on here at ASU.

I sort of doubt he'll do it with already working almost full time at a job he loves and taking a full load of Engineering classes at ASU, which he loves even more...But it Would be nice to at least see him returning kicks again.

Oh..And I'm almost positive my Brother was kidding about the reverse discrimination thing..It's so out of character for him.