Well we're movin on up!

I'm sorry, but I don't see that we are even close to being back. We won a very weak division of a weak conference. We used numerous "special" plays to beat a terrible Colorado team and then turned around and did nothing against Oklahoma.

This is not Husker football and we certainly aren't back.

I didnt say we were back. I am saying that we are headed in the right direction. If you dont see improvement in these last 3 seasons , I dont know what to tell you.

I guess it depends if you consider 4 or 5 losses improvement against a weak weak big 12 this year. Weakest in History. Next year we better be much improved because the big 12 will be stronger and Wake, Nevada, and USC won't be pushovers.

Considering 9 out of the 12 teams in the conference are bowl eligible, I'd say we're not a weak conference.

It's hilarious how many people think a conference is weak just because there isn't an elite team that has a real shot at the national title.

How about a conference whose champion lost 2 games, and one whose teams have not fared well against outside competition?

Look, the Big 12 is down and in the last power rankings I saw (Thanksgiving) it was rated the 6th best, below the Big East even.

I guess it depends if you consider 4 or 5 losses improvement against a weak weak big 12 this year. Weakest in History. Next year we better be much improved because the big 12 will be stronger and Wake, Nevada, and USC won't be pushovers.

Considering 9 out of the 12 teams in the conference are bowl eligible, I'd say we're not a weak conference.

Being bowl eligible doesn't mean much. Hell, all you have to do is have 6 wins and be .500, including 1AA games. Just ask FSU.

I've made a post about this in another thread. There are plenty of teams in this conference that are dangerous this year and play tough. Nobody is trying to claim the Big XII is the strongest conference ever. This notion that the Big East is some kind of pansy conference is another hilarious thing...that conference has plenty of good teams. I don't think you people are watching the same football season I have been.

It's hilarious how many people think a conference is weak just because there isn't an elite team that has a real shot at the national title.

Yeah, if the sooners didn't get screwed against Oregon they have only one loss and they most likely play for the national championship.

Texas could of had a shot if McCoy wasnt hurt.

[How many teams in the Big 12 would do well against Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Florida?

If you ask me OU could play with Michigan, USC, and Florida. They should be in the whole BCS talk because everyone in America knows that they got screwed at Oregon. If you haven't watched Florida or USC they are pretty beatable teams. OU's defense would give Chris Leak and the OVERRATED offense of Florida trouble. USC has 2 losses to pretty average teams so they are no better then OU.

I am pleased as well. If you look at what he was working with during the past couple of years (this includes recruitng players to run the offense, teach them the plays, etc) I feel we'll keep getting better each season. Soon we'll be back to being an automatic Top 5-10 team in preseason polls again. GBR!

There is marked improvement in this program. We have weak links and they were taken advantage of last nite. Recruiting is the only cure to our problems. It is not coaching related.

Saying that, I am still worried about our recruiting. We are not getting the level of athletes that the major powers are. I hope that changes.

In honesty we did more to beat ourselves than Oklahoma did to beat us. Zac having his worst game pretty much ever did not help. My biggest disappointment with this team is the lack of playmakers on the defense. Yes they play pretty well, but we do not have a single head hunter out there. No real killer instinct to dislodge head or ball. We need a big hitter to lower the boom on occasion. We need more fire on defense.

Overall, I am happy with the season. We played respectable in every single game. We were not blown out by any one. We played three recent National Champions this year. Remember we have not been at that level for nearly 10 years. To play with this level of competition in his third year is a major improvement. The past staff was never able to do it. We are moving on up. Just to have the media think we have a chance in a major game and even some pick us is alot different than the last 9 years.

To play with this level of competition in his third year is a major improvement. The past staff was never able to do it.

Not to beat a dead horse but in the interest of fairness, the previous staff won on Big 12 championship, acutally beat Stoops, and had what many considered the best team in the nation (99).

What saddens me is that we will likely never have another year like this one. The 2 teams from last years NC game lost tons of great players and were shells of there previous teams. OU lost its starting QB and the Heisman front runner RB and still defeated NU soundly. OU and UT will be great for years to come. CU hired a great coach who is putting together a very solid recruiting class they will be back. KSU hired a very good coach who is a nut, but put togther a truly outstanding season. Even though he is 1-2 againt Callahan, Mangino has outcoached NU in every one of those games. ISU just hired a guy who by all accounts, is an outstanding coach who will likely surpass what McCarney did. Gundy is great at OSU, everyone knows what Leach can do. Franchioni is a good coach who is brining A&M back, even Baylor is improving.

Wake looks to be better next year, and if USC has every one return, NU will be hard pressed to win that game. It's not getting any easier.

How many teams in the Big 12 would do well against Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Florida?

How many teams in other conferences would do well against those teams. Those teams are the top four teams in the country for a reason. They are better than every one else.