Introduce Yourself

• You cannot reply to this topic
953 replies to this topic

#951 Husker_Fanatic

Scout Team

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:15 PM

Hi all, I just joined today, and would like to introduce myself.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation?
Since birth

2) What/who led you to The Nation?
My parents

3) Where are you from originally?
Omaha

4) Where do you live now?
Omaha

5) Favorite Husker memory?
Tommie Frazier's 75yard run against the Gators in the fiesta bowl.

6) Worst Husker memory?
Texas 1second game

7) Number of home games attended?

8) Number of away games attended?

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel?
Brook Berringer poster

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.)
My home

11) Favorite all time player?
Brook Berringer

12) Spread Offense or Pro Style?
Spread

13) Big Ten or Big XII?
Big Ten

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker?
Herbie

15) Favorite Husker play?
Triple option

16) Favorite game-day beverage?
Pepsi

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source)
Brother
(Husker_Power)

#952 The Big Nebrowski

Travel Squad

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

Hi Big Red Fans!  New here, been a fan since the Johnny the Jet days--saw him live and in person.  Well, honestly, Big Red has pretty much fallen off the map of relevence:  we just aren't getting enough, or any prime-time players anymore.  Until that changes we will be playing perpetual 2nd fiddle to the likes of, well, the GOOD teams in CFB these days, you know the usual suspects.  Sigh, it's sad but true.  They can bring in whomever coach(es) they want, like this Diaco guy looks pretty decent, talks a good game, but until we get the Jimmies and Joes, DONU will remain on the down-down-low.

Ok, well, Riley looks like he's pulling in some excellent QBs and WRs, making us potentially 'passing U', "air Nebraska 2.0, but that's about it and last time I checked, that ain't our identity, especially in November's cold and swirling winds.  Riley can't even seem to get a top flight RB to come.  Sorry folks, 3 star haven isnt going to cut it.  We can punch our annual time card of 8-9 Ws, but we will remain in purgatory, on the outside looking in.

Recruit or bust, is all I gotta say.

GBR

"Shut the f#*k up, Donny!"

#953 B.B. Hemingway

Head Coach

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

Hi Big Red Fans!  New here, been a fan since the Johnny the Jet days--saw him live and in person.  Well, honestly, Big Red has pretty much fallen off the map of relevence:  we just aren't getting enough, or any prime-time players anymore.  Until that changes we will be playing perpetual 2nd fiddle to the likes of, well, the GOOD teams in CFB these days, you know the usual suspects.  Sigh, it's sad but true.  They can bring in whomever coach(es) they want, like this Diaco guy looks pretty decent, talks a good game, but until we get the Jimmies and Joes, DONU will remain on the down-down-low.

Ok, well, Riley looks like he's pulling in some excellent QBs and WRs, making us potentially 'passing U', "air Nebraska 2.0, but that's about it and last time I checked, that ain't our identity, especially in November's cold and swirling winds.  Riley can't even seem to get a top flight RB to come.  Sorry folks, 3 star haven isnt going to cut it.  We can punch our annual time card of 8-9 Ws, but we will remain in purgatory, on the outside looking in.

Recruit or bust, is all I gotta say.

GBR

See Matty in the recruiting forum, he'll give you a dose of optimism.... Welcome to the board!

8gqZnND.jpg d2mEzH3.png6TFT3ZH.pngSoZtBNE.png

"I set my own standards. I inherit nothing. I stand at the end of no tradition. I may, perhaps, stand at the beginning of one." - The Fountainhead

--NoSleepSquad--
--ShootersShoot--

--I'mTheGOAT--

#954 The Big Nebrowski

Travel Squad

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:45 AM

I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic. NE will not be competitive w the likes of Bama, tOSU, Clemson, FSU, USC, OU, anytime soon.
WI and IA has owned us the past few yrs, k, that's about all you need to know right there. If POB or Gebbia turn out to be studs, then, perhaps we can be back in the mix of the CCG.

But nationally speaking, we don't get near the overall team speed and high level athleticism to compete w the Big Boys. I mean, our OL vs TN looked fat, slow, and out of shape, it was embarassing. Plus, Riley has yet to recruit a big time))RB! This is NE, how is that even possible?

Maybe in '18 or '19 we can turn a corner if one of the QBs pans out.

Here's hoping...
"Shut the f#*k up, Donny!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users