2007 Recruiting so far

Stars mean nothing to me as well. I want to see what someone can do on the field before I automatically believe in them and this includes Sam Keller.

Although I hear ya about the stars thing but look at the top 10 recruiting classes the past 5 years. Of those teams, look how they play year after year. Grant it there are some that have bombed a year but for the most part the teams with the "high star" athletes are doing pretty darn well on a consistant basis. :thumbs

Oh I agree with you on that part, but I guess I just don't want to set lofty goals for a guy and then if he fails I am very disappointed in him..................we do have a great class shaping up for this year. :clap

I hear what folks are saying about the stars, but the stars are not totally meaningless. They should be a course estimate of how the player has performed in HS which should give some idea of their potential to be a successful college ball player. I think the coach's assessment from watching videos of actual performance is probably a much better estimator, but the star system at least gives a point of reference for fans who don't study all the HS players throughout their careers. Obviously, the star system can't account for a lot of factors contributing to the success or lack of success at the college level; maturity, fitting in the system, coaching, etc. etc. I think of how many great college players never make it or don't excel in the pros. You're all right about one thing though, 5 stars are not a guarantee of success and there have been plenty of no stars that excel in college ball. Bottom line is that all these kids have to prove themselves and earn their positions & honors with hard work no matter how good they were in HS. It's a new ballgame!