WR Vondrae Tostensen

Husker14021

skers is right...my friends played basketball and football against them and they said he can be much better... he has the talent... but hes a lazy piece of SH% and bitches and complains

So was I at that age. No wait that was college.

Anyway, maybe the coach at Millard South can whip him into shape help him maximize his talent.

I realize that the kid is young and needs all the maturing he can get... i'm really not a pessimist and I agree with all of you this kid is sick and is probably the most talented athelete i have ever watched at that age level...and i grew up playing against the Ruuds and and all those kids from SE when they were unstopable... I've seen a lot of really good talent...but the kid needs an attitude check and just maybe he found it... we'll see

here's to praying that he grows up and realizes that he has upteen ammounts of talent and just needs to dig his nose into the books and turn into a gym rat cause this kid could be AMAZING

skers out :wasted

• 1 month later...

after talking to him a couple weeks ago, he says unless something really serious comes up he is staying at south, why would he leave for one colleges would think he can't stay at a school for one year and two Millard south also has the second best reciever in the state (Ty Kildow) who is also going to be a junior so no one could even double him so he should have field days every game

after talking to him a couple weeks ago, he says unless something really serious comes up he is staying at south, why would he leave for one colleges would think he can't stay at a school for one year and two Millard south also has the second best reciever in the state (Ty Kildow) who is also going to be a junior so no one could even double him so he should have field days every game

i go 2 school with him at south, and he is a pretty nice kid. he needs to put down the grass and he would be fine. if he had the work ethic of ty kildow, he would be amazing, but its going to be awesome next year watching those guys play across from each other.

i go 2 school with him at south, and he is a pretty nice kid. he needs to put down the grass and he would be fine. if he had the work ethic of ty kildow, he would be amazing, but its going to be awesome next year watching those guys play across from each other.

My son goes to south and I know administrators at CP who have said that this kid is a physical freak, but has Randy Moss syndrome. Not just lazy, but with a sense of entitlement who believes that everything should be done for him so all he has to do is show up. He takes plays off when they aren't designed for him and is a bad teammate. He was run out of CP because they were fed up with his attitude. He's got Noel Devine written all over him if you ask me. Last time we had a player like him at NU he got drafted 6th overall by the Rams and is now in prison.

Wow, wait a minute buddy. I think you better watch out trying to compare a kid that, while maybe lazy and unmotivated, hasn't done anything to deserve being lumped in with the likes of Lawrence Phillips.

If what is being said about him is true (which I have no idea is or isn't) he sounds more like David Horne than anyone else. Tons of talent, but no motivation. Luckily he is still in high school and has time to fix his attitute and turn his life around. He certainly sounds like he has all the physical tools.

Seriously though man, comparing a kid to someone who is now in prision is pretty sad. Phillips is a straight up criminal, Vondrae hasn't done anything to deserve being lumped into that category.

Wow, wait a minute buddy. I think you better watch out trying to compare a kid that, while maybe lazy and unmotivated, hasn't done anything to deserve being lumped in with the likes of Lawrence Phillips.

If what is being said about him is true (which I have no idea is or isn't) he sounds more like David Horne than anyone else. Tons of talent, but no motivation. Luckily he is still in high school and has time to fix his attitute and turn his life around. He certainly sounds like he has all the physical tools.

Seriously though man, comparing a kid to someone who is now in prision is pretty sad. Phillips is a straight up criminal, Vondrae hasn't done anything to deserve being lumped into that category.

Perhaps that was a bit unfair, but it doesn't look like the kid has the character to end up as a highly productive college player at this point. He may need to go the JUCO way before he matures enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched this guy's highlight reel, and let me tell you it was more than impressive. I am definitely going to try to catch a Millard South game this year to watch this guy.

If he ever gets on the field. The Patriots are set at WR even without Tostensen. They have two very good juniors to be who make it easier for a coaching staff to draw a hard line with a headcase. I hope the kid shapes up and gets his head straight. He is a physical force.

They have two very good juniors to be who make it easier for a coaching staff to draw a hard line with a headcase.

They don't seem like the type of coaching staff that would put up with too much crap regardless of skill level. That being said, I think Vondrae will be just fine.

They have two very good juniors to be who make it easier for a coaching staff to draw a hard line with a headcase.

They don't seem like the type of coaching staff that would put up with too much crap regardless of skill level. That being said, I think Vondrae will be just fine.

Update on Tostensen. I was told by an official from the 7 on 7 tournament down at NU that Tostensen showed a tremendously poor work ethic at the 7 on 7 games. I was told that there were 5-6 interceptions of balls intended for him that he didn't even try for because they weren't perfect throws. He showed no interest in turning from receiver to db on underthrown balls, showed a penchant to lag on plays, seemed disinterested overall. I was also told that there were numerous players (some on his own team) with less talent that clearly outplayed him because of his lackadaisical attitude. I hate to say it, but..... I might have told you so.