Head to head recruiting

I don't know who else has noticed this, but it seems we are getting a ton of recruits this year that come down to us and some other school. In the past couple years a lot of people (including myself) have been disappointed when it comes down to these head 2 head recruiting battles for big time commits, but not this year. Just to name a few....

NU vs. OU

Travis Lewis

Zach Lee

Javario Burkes

3 HUGE pickups IMO, and it seems like about 7/10 of our last commits were down to us and 1 other school.

Now i realize many times it comes down to 2 schools, but this year we are winning more battles than losing... and for that i commend our coaches for closing the deals... (now just lock the door on signing day)

:corndance:corndance:corndance

This is a great pickup regardless, but I wonder if OU was trying that hard to get him at the end. They had a limited number of scholarships available and it appears with the remaining ones left they had other needs to fill. The OU boards I've been to, I haven't seen any OU fans crying about us getting Burks. But that certainly hasn't diminished how huge of a commitment we got. :cheers