Being Level Headed

Man, I need to calm down here and not get too excited about a big commitment. The law of numbers say we will lose some of these commitments. I know that but it sure doesn't make me feel any better. I need to look at all commitments as iffy, and perhaps the walls won't come crashing down on me when bad news come such as Perry. We all need to control our excitement until the dotted line is signed. :hmmph

Even signing doesn't gaurantee that they will ever see the field. Some will leave and others will not be successful no matter how good they were in HS. But, good classes (i.e., consistantly good recruiting) year in and year out should pay dividends down the road.

Jeez Frisco! Are ya cousins with Debbie Downer?

Signing day is like a second Christmas to me. We'll worry about returning the presents later.

Even signing doesn't gaurantee that they will ever see the field. Some will leave and others will not be successful no matter how good they were in HS. But, good classes (i.e., consistantly good recruiting) year in and year out should pay dividends down the road.

Jeez Frisco! Are ya cousins with Debbie Downer?

Signing day is like a second Christmas to me. We'll worry about returning the presents later.

Nope, just a realist. Not saying to give up on getting top talent, or to not get excited about good gets, just saying the job of keeping them and develping them is probably harder than getting them to sign. Good recruiting is just the first hurdle. No reason to get depressed when some fall through. Still, like I said, if we keep drawing in top talent it will pay off even if some of them leave or don't do well. The good recruiting is a good sign.

I stopped following the recruiting process after the Marlon Lucky class. I dont even take a peak. That way, when I hear (or read a post) about someone who will be good when they get the chance... I know it's not based on what they are doing on the "Husker" field, but what the scouts think of them for what they did in HS.

Yah man, I missed the thrill and the hype and excitement of the recruiting process at first, then eventually got over it. I like not knowing the expectations of the JC transfers and HS recruits. Totally takes out the bias flava.