What happened?

Going into the end of last week, the Husker were rated by several groups as having a top 10 recruit class. I saw as high as number 8.

Now, at the end of LOI day, Scout is ranking UNL 20th. I think that is a signficant drop and an curious as to what everyone thins it means for the future of the program in the eyes of high school coaches and recruits. does it mean that NU is seen as not really being very promising by the best recruits? More importantly, since recruting is the life blood of college football, what happened? How much of this drop is due to Blake's leaving? How about Norvell's?

:bonez

Going into the end of last week, the Husker were rated by several groups as having a top 10 recruit class. I saw as high as number 8.

Now, at the end of LOI day, Scout is ranking UNL 20th. I think that is a signficant drop and an curious as to what everyone thins it means for the future of the program in the eyes of high school coaches and recruits.

Not much of anything if you ask me. There are many flaws in both Scout's and Rivals rating systems, unexplained low rankings for players (see Niles Paul), etc.

does it mean that NU is seen as not really being very promising by the best recruits?

In Lewis's case, we got Stooped if you ask me.

In Ross's case, it sounds like he was putting on a front to not only NU, but other schools as well. Last I read, he might have been turned off with the other DB's that signed. Whatever.

More importantly, since recruting is the life blood of college football, what happened?

Sh1t happened, that's what IMO. Two years in a row we have something like this happen. It happens at other schools, it's part of the recruiting process. It's why staffs try to oversign. Along with grade problems.

How much of this drop is due to Blake's leaving? How about Norvell's?
Ross and Lewis? None, if you ask me.

does it mean that NU is seen as not really being very promising by the best recruits?

pretty much. look at how alot of the players have been treated. is it any wonder why they stone us or leave nu early?

we were sold a bill of goods ever since pederson got the job and most of us bought it. now we are paying the debt. kinda like the national debt.

Dave, you are right on..... Don't read into this garbage too much....it is recruiting, that is it...... I absolutely love to follow the entire process, but all it is, is a big guessing game.....none of these kids have shown any abilty to perform at the next level YET...

I am not sure that there is a major difference between #8 - # 20..... As far as # of *****,,,, meaningless... if you look at the 4-5 star guys that we had from 2 years ago....a bunch of ego maniacs who are no longer with us, and didn't perform on our team......all hype and nothing else...

I am a firm believer that a group of hard working 3 star guys will get more done in the long run....and, these 3 star guys are not already looking at "how quick" can I jump to the NFL.....these guys will probably be 4-5 year players...

Everyone, relax......respect the staff's hard work....be thankful for the great athletes we got....and don't dwell on the few that decomitted........Top 15 classes are awesome........

Now I would like a Top 15 finish from the team. :clap

Dave, you are right on..... Don't read into this garbage too much....it is recruiting, that is it...... I absolutely love to follow the entire process, but all it is, is a big guessing game.....none of these kids have shown any abilty to perform at the next level YET...

I am not sure that there is a major difference between #8 - # 20..... As far as # of *****,,,, meaningless... if you look at the 4-5 star guys that we had from 2 years ago....a bunch of ego maniacs who are no longer with us, and didn't perform on our team......all hype and nothing else...

I am a firm believer that a group of hard working 3 star guys will get more done in the long run....and, these 3 star guys are not already looking at "how quick" can I jump to the NFL.....these guys will probably be 4-5 year players...

Everyone, relax......respect the staff's hard work....be thankful for the great athletes we got....and don't dwell on the few that decomitted........Top 15 classes are awesome........

Now I would like a Top 15 finish from the team. :clap

apparently you don't believe pederson's garbage he spewed about recruiting then?

pretty much. look at how alot of the players have been treated. is it any wonder why they stone us or leave nu early?

we were sold a bill of goods ever since pederson got the job and most of us bought it. now we are paying the debt. kinda like the national debt.

All I can say is...wow. Leave it up to some of the "best college football fans" to focus solely on 2 recruits and forget the other 27 that are pretty darn good.

All I can say is...wow. Leave it up to some of the "best college football fans" to focus solely on 2 recruits and forget the other 27 that are pretty darn good.

yep pretty darn good, but not florida or usc good. like the best college football fans who let the sun rise and set in a kids' asses like freeman and beck but turn their back on him when he makes a life changing decision.

Tommie

I dont' recall saying that recruiting wasn't important.......Just saying that the difference from #8-#20 isn't that significant..... I believe that only Texas had a better class....... Not too long ago, we were getting out recruited by 1/2 of the big twelve, including ISU....

Recruiting is important, and that is why the staff is here....but people get too worked up about #8 - #20 and want to start "Trying to find reasons"......reason is , high school kids change their minds......plain and simple..

We obviously were 1-2 guys away from top 10...... (lewis and ross)......

giantguesswho.jpg

giantguesswho.jpg

wow pretty sweet input from a mod. what are you like 12 or something?

I think a reason that we drop is not so much on the players that we signed, but the fact that other schools that have added additional recruits that just announced over the past week to move ahead of us. There was no where to go but down for our recruiting class as we were full and were not going to accept any additional offers unless one or two of our supposed commits backout. The loss of Lewis and Ross probally hurt us a little but not as much as other teams adding additional commits over the past week and today.