What happened?

with today's kids, this will happen. but i think i see one thing going on here. other coaches/teams will try to steal a kid if they can and say anything to get it done. i really don't think our recruiters actively go after a kid to try to make him change his mind. right or wrong, i think they respect their decisions right up until signing day. i think kids that change there mind would have to approach our coaches to make a change. we just don't play that game here. you either want to come here or you don't. Stoops is either a whore or he isn't. you can make up your own mind about a guy like that!

Take a look at where the teams that land those top5 are located. In the hotbeds of talent. Nebraska will never sign top 5 classes on a regular basis, maybe once every several years, but never consistantly like USC florida, texas, or LSU. We simply are not what these kids grew up routing for.

It takes a monumental effort to land great classes here. Yes we have tradition and the name, but we are not the childhood dream.

Losing two players, and some people are up in arms of what a 'failure' the class is. Sure losing two guys might hurt, but then it might not effect anything. The difference between 10 and 13 isnt that big. Two players did not make or break the class. This apears to be a deeper class than more recent ones.

Losing two players, and some people are up in arms of what a 'failure' the class is. Sure losing two guys might hurt, but then it might not effect anything. The difference between 10 and 13 isnt that big. Two players did not make or break the class. This apears to be a deeper class than more recent ones.

I agree.

I know we could always do better, but how about showing some excitement for all of the good players that we did get?

Two kids changed their minds and a lot of you are acting like it destroyed the whole recruiting class. If the whole class was about those two than why bother with going after the other 27. We keep winning and getting to the Big 12 champ/ game and a BCS game then some of those top recruits will start signing, not all of the ones we want but some of them. It's like this every year, and besides it's Nebraska and we don't have that big talent pool to draw from. We all know how hard it is to recruit against the Fl, USC, Tex in their own back yards, but we have made some inroads in Texas and we are working hard in Cal and Fl. This class fills a lot of needs. :woo:woo

GBR!!!