Lucky hospitalized?

“Marlon’s condition continues to improve," a family statement released on Tuesday afternoon said. "He has been removed from the intensive care unit and his condition has been upgraded to fair. We would like to make it clear that Marlon’s medical emergency did not come about as a result of the use of alcohol or any illicit drugs. We are very appreciative of the thoughts and prayers for Marlon during this time.”

Interesting!

If Luck OD'd, will there be disciplinary action from Cally??

looking for some wild-a$$ speculation?

I have no idea what the team rules are, so I was looking for some insight if anyone had a bit. I would hate to see him recover from this only to get slapped with a suspension.

the best info we have at this time is that the emergency had nothing to do with ellicit drug use. You're not a closet purple pu&&y hoping he's gone are you?

If Luck OD'd, will there be disciplinary action from Cally??

looking for some wild-a$$ speculation?

I have no idea what the team rules are, so I was looking for some insight if anyone had a bit. I would hate to see him recover from this only to get slapped with a suspension.

the best info we have at this time is that the emergency had nothing to do with ellicit drug use. You're not a closet purple pu&&y hoping he's gone are you?

I can ASSURE you I am not apart of those classless a## h###s. I just got off their board a bit ago catching up with the latest crap they are spewing about this situation. What pisses me off the most is their MODS letting it go on.

All of us need to remember not to think above are pay grades.

All of are opinions put together don't mean crap, we are just fans and should allow the Athletic dept and football staff figure out what happened and let them handle it.

If discipline action is required I'm sure it will happen, if it is not required then it wont.

But in the end is it any of our business has to the details of the event. NO It's the schools and his

Whether or not he is physically able to play is one thing. As MadCatNU said earlier, his mind may be elsewhere and he may not be mentally able to play. An overdose of pills doesn't happen like this, by accident. It's not that he accidentally took 10 vicadin rather than one. Something pushed Lucky over the edge and I hope that he can get it straightened out, first and foremost, for his own personal well being. Maybe, he had a reaction of some sort and it isn't technically an overdose. Until the U or his family gives us a little more, let's all just wish him the best. Football or not, I just hope he comes out of this OK and can at least get his education...Just my two cents.

My grandmother always said if you don't know the whole story keep your mouth shut. I have discoverd in the last 60 years we very seldom know the whole story.

I wish him a speedy recovery from his ills, no matter the reason.

But I would really like to get a clear picture of what happened and how serious it is or was before I get to terribly distraught about it.

if this was just an accident with medication, BC will probably treat this as a lesson learned and will just have lucky move on with a little more wisdom.

if this was some sort of attempt for attention... well, better get this all straightened out right now before anything else happens.

I don't know what happened. It might have been unintentional.

I do remember doing some really stupid stuff when I was in college. Got really drunk and punched out a window because I was mad at a girl. Got fifty stitches and surgery for it. My parents were convinced that I had totally lost it, but I came around. It was actually a wake up call of sorts.

Good luck, Marlon. I think you'll be fine. Keep your chin up.

I've been trying to not post on this subject and respect Marlon's privacy, but it's dang hard not to personally care for these guys and possibly overstep our bounds.

I've taken handfuls of aspirin before chasing a Headache and if no relief..Taken another handful even after knowing that it might be bad for the average person.. but not me..I have super powers and pain killers have no effect on me..(They usually don't).

My concern other than we're probably all embarrassing Him with all our speculation..Is what kind of Family support Marlon has..I mean. I keep reading about a Guardian/Uncle, but don't hear about his parents..Not mentioned in his Bios.

Back when I was at UNL, we had a program where a local family would "adopt" out of state players and kind of give them a "Home away from Home"...Is that still happening or did the NCAA take that away, too?

I'm not saying ML tried to off himself, but if he's anything like me or my Wife..Three straight days of Gray skies makes either of us wonder if life is worth living.

Nebraska will always be "Home" and if I was dying, I'd want to spend at least my last few weeks there, but I can't imagine living there again...I loved growing up there and the people, but gray skies = death to people like me.

I imagine there's several players having similar problems..Not just homesick, but genuinely depressed because of different things..Weather, Girlfriend, loss of privacy, trying to hold on to your spot on the team, boards like this one where people are calling you names because you can't cover a guy 6" taller than you, tough classes, worrying about declaring a Major, evading Sports agents..

We probably all need to step back a little and let these guys know we're there if they need us, and that it's just a game.