08 OL Recruits

ETR & TXDRW have reviewed hours of film and have decided to provide our own "star" ranking as follows:

1. Baker Steinkuhler: 5 stars. Period. ETR and I have discussed the level of competition (NE vs. TX) and the conclusion was: Baker dominates anytime anyone anywhere. The physical attributes he brings to the table would allow him to be dominant at the high school level anywhere in the country. Great feet, pad level is decisive, he is coming with bad intentions and finishes consistently. Would like to catch a glimpse of him at a summer session to see some pass pro.

2. Bryce Givens: solid 4 star. Tenacious, film clips show range of diverse blocks. Run blocks show defenders bouncing off him, dishes out contact consistently, doesn't just absord blockers. He's a prick on the field, reminiscent of Incognito, minus the spitting. Q: Agreed ETR? A: YES! (as his attention fades to the Girls Gone Wild commercial in the background).

3. Trevor Robinson: 3 star, sniffing a 4th. Nearly every attribute that a pipeliner needs, but he isn't in Baker's category at this point. Q: Are you back in the fold ready to analyze ETR? A: Do you have any more pizza? ETR's now back...as a high school player not as strong, fast, or as quick as a high school player as Baker, but that can change.

4. Dan Hoch: solid 3 star. Great size, has the weight, wait till Wags gets ahold of him. Level of competition is questionable at best, but hey that's out of his control. He's a man among boys on the field, however not as powerful or nasty as some of the others. Just isn't quite as impressive as the others, but hey these guys are still in hs.

We are not trying to sound negative at all about any of these guys. As good as they are, it's only natural to point out the few negative things about them. They are all great students, very willing to sit a year to gain strength, learn the playbook. We are very high on all of them, in fact they all seem old school. The look the part and act the part. You can't teach size or tenacity and our program was lacking both for the last few years on the OL. That alone is reason to be excited in Husker Nation. Here's to a great senior season for all of these future Huskers! :bonez

I am no way an expert talent evaluator but I think I know a little about it. According to Sean Callahan he said Hoch, Robinson, and Givens are all going to be 4 stars. Of course Steinkuler as a five. Hoch is supposibly the top Iowa recruit this year (which is usually a pretty good talent pool). I am not saying you guys are totally off just from what I have seen and others have said you might have low-balled them. Not to mention they are all members of rivals250 which is all four stars.