SIGNED: DE Cameron Meredith

why the hell does it seem OU gets anyone that we are after? they seem to consistently out recruit us. suks!

You mean like Philip Dillard?

Or Seth Jensen?

Or Zac Lee?

Or Sam Keller?

Or Jaivorio Burkes?

Or William Yancy

Or Sean Fisher?

Yep, you're right they always out recruit us. :sarcasm

i don't have time to research their list of recruits that we wanted, but i bet it is twice as many and more.

Yeah, but NU has won several head to head battles in the past year or so, and are winning more of those whereas when OU was going to national title games, they dominated them.

I think it was more of that 06' recruting class that OU beat out Nebraska a couple times. It just seemed that a lot of other programs people beat NU that year for players they were really going hard after. I think the 05' class was the class that got told they were going to put NU back on the map and they all wanted to be a part of that and they all knew that they had a great chance to play early. Then came 06' which is the year we struggled in the middle of the year, therefore a lot of recruits may have thought we didnt have stability or were afraid to come here. That is the year that comes to mind losing a lot of players to different schools. Sure we lost Smith and that other safety to OU in 05'. However as stated before we have come out on top A LOT in the past year and a half and is only going to get better this year. I think we will be in the top 8 recruiting classes when the final evaluation is done. OU is going to get theirs bc they can recruit texas so much easier do to proximity. I LOVE what our coaches are doing and I dont think OU has outrecruited them in any way. They got all their top recruits very early this year.

We do seem to loose out more often than not to the top programs like OU, LSU and USC. There are two things that i think are behind this.

One, those programs are associated with a high level of success and BCS bowls. Recruiting has definitely improved under BC so far, but in order for NU to take it to the next step we need a break out season. Something like 11 wins and a BCS game. If we can do this, then the steady stream of talent might turn into a flood.

Two, Nebraska is relativley small state with no fertile recruiting area close by except Texas. This makes us relly more on national recruiting than the like of USC, Florida, and such. Even at USC height, it's very difficult for them to go into Alabama and pull a top talent out of the Tide's backyard. Imo, this underscores that it is difficult to pull kids out of someone elses backyard (especially the SEC). The reality for NU is, imo, that we will always have a harder time recruiting top talent than most other programs. Thus, we will always have a larger percentage of dissapointments, even under the best circumstances.

We do seem to loose out more often than not to the top programs like OU, LSU and USC. There are two things that i think are behind this.

One, those programs are associated with a high level of success and BCS bowls. Recruiting has definitely improved under BC so far, but in order for NU to take it to the next step we need a break out season. Something like 11 wins and a BCS game. If we can do this, then the steady stream of talent might turn into a flood.

Two, Nebraska is relativley small state with no fertile recruiting area close by except Texas. This makes us relly more on national recruiting than the like of USC, Florida, and such. Even at USC height, it's very difficult for them to go into Alabama and pull a top talent out of the Tide's backyard. Imo, this underscores that it is difficult to pull kids out of someone elses backyard (especially the SEC). The reality for NU is, imo, that we will always have a harder time recruiting top talent than most other programs. Thus, we will always have a larger percentage of dissapointments, even under the best circumstances.

once NU gets in the top 10 and stays there consistantly like NU was 10 years ago, other schools will be saying that they seem to always be losing out on teams like NU

• 2 weeks later...

Great post.

I think that if Nebraska exceeds expectations, rocks a really tough schedule this year, and finishes in the Top 8 or 10, recruiting will go insane...top 4 in the nation, IMHO.

On Meredith, who knows...sounds like he will stay close to home, and if he doesn't, it's OU for him. Even if NU is in his top 3 or 4, I think it's a longshot. But a visit here can always change things quickly, so let's see how it goes. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

Oh, and Mrs. Meredith? It is incredible how knowledgeable and involved you are! That was a great read, maybe you should call ESPN and see if you can get a guest spot on 'College Gameday' this year! :thumbs

There was a teaser on rivals saying he is visiting soon...either today or tomorrow I think.

He'll be in Lincoln on Thu. and Fri. to see practices.

Wish he could see a game, but that's still pretty cool. Do you have a source?