RB Jonas Gray

I like what this kid can bring to the table but if Compton commits following his visit, we have four linebackers in this class already which means we likely back off on Demens, if this happens what does that do to our chances with Gray?

The staff will probably be willing to keep the offer out there for Demmons, (4 star) just for the sake of getting Gray, that's just my 2 cents though.

BTW I have a very good feeling about Gray.

alot of people are saying we'll likely turn away demmons away if we get another lb commit but you have to remember that sean fisher could bulk up and be a d end , he is 6 foot 5 so that could give us another spot

I like what this kid can bring to the table but if Compton commits following his visit, we have four linebackers in this class already which means we likely back off on Demens, if this happens what does that do to our chances with Gray?

The staff will probably be willing to keep the offer out there for Demmons, (4 star) just for the sake of getting Gray, that's just my 2 cents though.

alot of people are saying we'll likely turn away demmons away if we get another lb commit but you have to remember that sean fisher could bulk up and be a d end , he is 6 foot 5 so that could give us another spot

I heard we could take as many as 6LB's....but 5 is likely....all word of mouth info

Also we have three right now but one of those is a juco guy that will more than likely be here for only two years, so it is almost like we have two right now. I think that would be the ideal situation to have four high school linebackers in this class. I really think the coaches are set on having fisher play either safety or linebacker, not to mention that I dont think Fisher would want to play d-end judging from the things he has said in interviews. Plus you never know, when it comes time that all of these high school guys come in to their own and prove they can play at a consistent level, we very well could move to a 3-4 base. It looks like a possibility this year, so why not in the future?

You also have to remember that Demmons IS a 4-star backer, and is probably a better 'get' than some of our other recruits. No reason to back off him, at least not in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, Gray, Demens, and Compton are all silent commits and all 3 would be huge gets at need positions

Really. That would be awesome if true. Did you get this info from a reliable source? Please share with us.

Pretty sure the IMO says its not from a realiable source...both Gray and Demens would be a huge packaged deal.

A somewhat reliable source, I know for sure at least one will be N, but not 100% sure on all three will commit, but no doubt we are in great positions for all three of them to sign with us.

I don't have much faith in just verbal commits anymore... i really don't have much faith until we get them on campus and in uniform... the last few years has made me somewhat of a pessimist on college recruiting... but GOO BIG RED