N-2008.gif

Player: Will Compton

Hometown: Bonne Terre, MO

Position: LB

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 214 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, Wake Forest, Illinois, Northwestern, Iowa, Michigan, LSU, Notre Dame

Verbal Signed with Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 100%

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on where we stand with this guy?

He is going to visit us next week. I have increased his odds of being N. In the end I think it will be between us and Mizzou. Gabbert is apparently talking to him but so are some Mizzou recruits. The visit should help tremendously...he isn't going to see the championship hardware at Mizzou. If this kid wants to play on a championship stage, he needs to come here. We should have excellent shot.

:bonez

Any word on where we stand with this guy?

He is going to visit us next week. I have increased his odds of being N. In the end I think it will be between us and Mizzou. Gabbert is apparently talking to him but so are some Mizzou recruits. The visit should help tremendously...he isn't going to see the championship hardware at Mizzou. If this kid wants to play on a championship stage, he needs to come here. We should have excellent shot.

:bonez

Chamrock's got the itch....gotta roll with it.

• 3 weeks later...

There is an article on rivals that he is quoted as saying that Nebraska is his "slight" favorite right now. He is aware that Nebraska loses four linebackers and he said he loves the facilities and the recruits that he talks to, including Demons and Gray who he supposedly formed a good relationship with. Something I found very interesting was that he said that he and Beachum were being recruited at the same position which he said was SAM. However in an interview on rivals yesterday with Beachum he said that the coaches were recruiting him for both offense and defense but on defense they wanted him to play MIKE. There must be some miscommunication there. Either way how great would it be to get Beachum, Gray, Demons, and Compton? The odds are in our favor for all four of them IMO.

• 2 weeks later...