WR D.J. Woods

CPD

Woods, family are optimistic after surgery

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Strongsville senior D.J. Woods and his family were optimistic after the star receiver had exploratory surgery on his back Monday.

"D.J. is in very good spirits," his mother, Kelly Woods, said after speaking with doctors at Akron General Hospital. "We don't think it is as bad as we thought it was. We don't think it was a tumor, but we won't know the results for sure until Wednesday."

Woods has missed Strongsville's past three games with a sore lower back. Doctors were concerned the image they saw on a full-body MRI of Woods nearly two weeks ago was a tumor.

Woods, a University of Nebraska recruit, has been bolstered by support from the community.

"People have been awesome," Kelly Woods said. "D.J. got calls from the Glenville team, from the Berea team, from other players and coaches. We're thankful for all of the prayers."

Prayers to D.J. and Family.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone I don't post here much because i am in PA so i am way out of the loop. I work in State College PA (PSU) and from what i am hearing D.J. is to visit PSU this sat. for the OSU game. I know it will be a crazy place and they will have a white out which they took from Nebraska sea of red. so lets just hope he stays RED

It was bound to happen. He hasn't heard from the coaches for weeks now. That is straight from him in an iterview. It is now an artical on LJS. He also said that the coaches sounded depressed the last time he did talk to them. It looks like the staff is doing very little to save anyone in this class.

Another chipper bites the dust. Callahan sticking around and not contacting these recruits as well as the fact that no one knows who our new coach will be is decimating this class. Calli needs to get the hell out of dodge or we will lose the majority just because of the unknown.

yep and then the prick turns around and blames Os because he has gotten no promise concerning his future?

sh#t cally, what did you expect with a limp dick record of 26-19 and blow out losses against 3rd rate teams?

we do need to run his ass off now, but don't think Os will do it until season is over. at least Os has asked the recruits to call him to discuss the situation and that is as much as can be done in the interim.