N-2008.gif

Player: Brandon Thompson

Hometown: The Woodlands, TX

Position: OT

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 280 lbs.

40 time: 5.08

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Purdue, Northwestern, Virginia, Arizona, Air Force, Boise State, Rice

Favorites: Signed with Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Prototypical OL with solid potential.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 100% Not sure how strong we have made a push for him

Yahho! Sports article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ri...tory_recruiting

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

If TR is going to sit on the fence like this then maybe this kid is a better option anyway. I would love to have TR be N but, I think the staff has enough to worry about. If TR commits just because another recruit wants to, then, who's to say we really have a commitment at all. TR needs to convicingly commit or we need to move on. If we need another linemen lets fill the spot with the best "commitment" and try to move on. I know its never a done deal until sighning day. If TR feels that he has to commit because of something like this then I for one believe his commitment isn't worth the phone call made. JMO

FYI, Brandon loved the visit. Rated it at least a 9 if not a 10. Said that he is going to take an unofficial to Purdue this weekend and then make his decision.

I think that the decision is already made and he just wants to take a look at Purdue to say that he checked out another school. He will commit to NU by wednesday of next week (IMO)