SIGNED: OT Brandon Thompson

Meh. If this means we miss out on Trevor Robinson, I'm not excited.

I would much rather have a player that wants to play at Nebraska period. Who knows what TR wants, hell does he? If he wants to come to Nebraska I'm sure there is room for him. Again I think we need kids that want to play here.

I don't get this reasoning. Is TR really going to go to Nebraska if he doesn't want to go? Just because he, or any other recruit, even considers other schools doesn't mean that they won't be thrilled to be Huskers should they choose to come here. Nor does it mean he's not going to play hard when he's a Husker or be any less of a player because he considered other schools.

I don't buy it. I'll take TR over any senior in high school who has dreamed his whole life of becoming a Husker (except for Baker Steinkuhler, of course).

as bad as our lines are, I think we will still take trevor..... we can always shift one to D

FYI, Brandon loved the visit. Rated it at least a 9 if not a 10. Said that he is going to take an unofficial to Purdue this weekend and then make his decision.

I think that the decision is already made and he just wants to take a look at Purdue to say that he checked out another school. He will commit to NU by wednesday of next week (IMO)

Sounds like he already made his decison IMO. I hope he is N so we can add him to the championship drive. :thumbs

Now this is the only time that it is appropriate to say "I TOLD YOU SO"

it is CERTAINLY not out of the question that either Brandon Thompson or Baker Steinkuhler could play defensive line. We would definitely still take Trevor. If not, we would have asked this kid to wait until Trevor decides.

I agree. If Trevor wants to be N we will make a spot for him. ;)

• 2 months later...

I was looking at our class, and I forgot about his kid. I remember some worrying about signing him would mean that TR was of the board. it looks like signing him was a good idea after all. really with him baker and our juco OL, if we can get one of robinson, hoch, or givens we are in pretty good shape with our line, esp with the good group of freshman(and RS freshman) from last year. Id say our chances of getting one of the 3 are outstanding.

now if we could just get some D-lineman

I was looking at our class, and I forgot about his kid. I remember some worrying about signing him would mean that TR was of the board. it looks like signing him was a good idea after all. really with him baker and our juco OL, if we can get one of robinson, hoch, or givens we are in pretty good shape with our line, esp with the good group of freshman(and RS freshman) from last year. Id say our chances of getting one of the 3 are outstanding.

now if we could just get some D-lineman

You took the words right out of my mouth melscott. D-lineman would be a fantastic thing right now. :hmmph

• 1 month later...