Was Robinson Duped?

OK, hear me out. I'm not standing up for Robinson in any way, I just wanted to throw some facts out here. This has been stated in other threads by BIGREDFANINOMAHA. Check out this LINK.

Scenario, the coaches wanted Robinson to commit. They call him and say, "Hey, we're only taking 5 lineman, we've already gotten 3 committed, those last two spots are closing up fast." So he commits, not really fully sure that thats what he wanted, but not wanting to miss out on the opportunity to play for his favorite team. Wouldn't it piss you off if you were TR when July rolls around, they have 5 commits, and the coaches are actively pursuing other recruits? He may feel a little deceived.

Now, I think the coaches are still pursuing other commits because Henery may not make it, but you've got to think the coaches are on the phone reassuring him of that. What do you all think?

PS, I hate de-commits. There are 17 year olds committing themselves to go fight and die for this country every day, in other words I'm tired of hearing the, "this is the most important decision of their life" defense.

OK my late night rant is officially over. :rant

No, I don't think he was duped and there was never any duping going on. We are doing the same thing all programs do...trying to get the best recruits. I think we are taking 5 O-Lineman but there are some questions around Henry and some say Steinkuhler may end up on defensive line. The only other OL recruit that we have out there that may come in is Grant. I know there are other offers out there but nothing I see on other OL recruits coming. I am confident our staff will have him back in the fold.

There is also this scenario....

As I have heard (very very unsubstantiated rumor), Trevor's dad was an ND lean. Say, he finally talks Trevor into taking another visit to ND, "just to be sure son". Trevor decides ok, and calls Weis. Weis says "not as long as your committed to Nebraska" (We all know Charlie's frustration with de-committs), so Trevor has to have second thoughts on Nebraska to appease everyone. Meanwhile, still strong on Nebraska, he is just dotting the i's and crossing the t's so to speak.

There are a million things that could be happening. We don't know, and never will, exactly what is going. I just hope the best for Trevor and every other HS kid who is trying to make this very tough decision.

I've heard some clarification on ND's policy of visiting. A committed player is not allowed to take an official visit. He must decommitt first in order for that to happen. However, committed kids are allowed to take unofficial visits, which means they have to pay their own way. It sounds like this is what Robinson is doing, therefore he may not have to decommitt.

Also, i've heard that it's the dad who wants Trevor to go to ND or UM. Apparently he's with UNO, and values the academics at ND and UM much better than NU.

It could be Trevor is still committed and not having second thoughts, at this time, but being jerked around by his dad.

Couldn't we say alot of players were "duped" into coming here. I'm sure every coach that has ever recruited a player has put some sort of pressure on a kid to commit to a school. Not that it is a bad thing, but I know from working in sales that you push a product as hard as you can to a customer and try to get them to forget about a possible better product that is out on the market.

• 3 weeks later...