Purify Back

did you even read the post that was replied to? if so you would have noticed that it was not just disagreement. all UNO was saying in his profound way was to state his opinion without just trying to stir up some sh#t.

we are all human and all have our own opinions and all voice them here on this board.

If it wasn't disagreement, then what was it? It looked to me that OPB was just stating his opinion as well, but yet he was threatened with moderator action.

but reading some of the other posts by this guy on other threads and to me, it seems like he is trying to stir up arguments

To me, it seems more like he (like others) is pissed off that the program he grew up loving has been turned into a joke by an egomaniac AD.

did you even read the post that was replied to? if so you would have noticed that it was not just disagreement. all UNO was saying in his profound way was to state his opinion without just trying to stir up some sh#t.

we are all human and all have our own opinions and all voice them here on this board.

If it wasn't disagreement, then what was it? It looked to me that OPB was just stating his opinion as well, but yet he was threatened with moderator action.

but reading some of the other posts by this guy on other threads and to me, it seems like he is trying to stir up arguments

To me, it seems more like he (like others) is pissed off that the program he grew up loving has been turned into a joke by an egomaniac AD.

You guys should get together then. I am sure you would have a great time together ;):sarcasm

Tarheel,

Save your breath. Most think we have the talent to match up with SC. They will deny it to their death, but continue to predict wins over SC.

Most do not realize or fathom the fact that MO would not even make the team at SC. Keller, was beaten like an ugly step child in his game against SC. Most feel that we are so superior to ASU that we will win because of our talent. IN reality nothing could be farther from the truth. WE are just beginning to build a talent pool, and most likely very comparable to ASU, now and two years ago.

Reality is not part of the Nebraska fan mantra. We enjoyed a lot of success in the 90's and most are from that era. According to them we played for every NC since christ was a corporal.

I love this program, have for many, many years. It has always amazed me how some see way more than there is. Hope and confidence abound here no question, but if we should lose to SC in an ugly fashion, it will be hell here by the yea Frank and anti BC group.

AR, correct me if i am wrong, but isnt pleading "No Contest" different from pleading "Guilty" to the charges.

I could be wrong, but I think pleading 'guilty' means you're either guilty, or are feeling you are going to be found 'guilty', and try to get a plea arrangement.

'No Contest' is stating that you do not feel that you are guilty, but that the evidence or case against you is overwhelming and you do not wish to contest the charges against you.

Again, I am no legal expert, and anyone who is can clarify this as needed.

Fops

I could care less about what mush mouth has to say or anyone else. None of them know the whole situation. Trust me mushmouth should have nothing to say about drinking and driving!

Umm...to be fair, "mushmouth" wasn't driving when he got ticketed for open container here, he was a passenger. But hey, if he's gotten in trouble for it in the past, more power to ya!

OK, that said, I am never defending Brent ever again. Promise! :lol:

Not suprising, with Callahan being on the hot seat, he needs Purify to play against USC. So much for Callahan being a tough disciplinarian. With Callahan trying to save his own neck, he will create another huge black eye for the program.

Dramatic much? Gimme a friggin break. The only hot seat Callahan is on is the one that Husker fans such as yourself put him on.

But I suppose you are right. It's not like he drug a girl down multiple flights of stairs... :corndance

Mark my words, during the USC game, we will hear about how he was reinstated just in time to play the #1 team, but if that doesn't bother you so be it.

No, he was just guilty of 4 law infractions, was charged with 2 different assault charges, and didn't keep his word to his coach and team. No big deal there, huh? But he got a year's probabation so it's all okay. Whatever.

Callahan knows he has to prove it this year, or it is going to get very sticky in Lincoln, and more fans will be calling for his head.

[no brainer]Mark your words? Well of course the media is gonna jump all over it; it's their job (or the only reason they have one.)[/no brainer]

Not suprising, with Callahan being on the hot seat, he needs Purify to play against USC. So much for Callahan being a tough disciplinarian. With Callahan trying to save his own neck, he will create another huge black eye for the program.

All right PoohBear, i think Purify has done his time. He was away from the team for 6 weeks and he's been through the legal process. Callahan's decision was the right one and this does not create another huge black eye for the program. I'm sure a lot of coaches in the country would have done the same thing....

I agree.

Please dear God let him stay out of trouble this time.

Keller, was beaten like an ugly step child in his game against SC.

I agree with pretty much everything you said in your post except this statement. Sure the stat line said 5 Int's but if I'm not mistaken 2 were on balls that hit receivers in the hands and popped out to waiting hands of a USC defender. Other then that your post was spot on.

I still think we beat USC becaue I will never think anything else.

I think anytime you have 3-5 interceptions in one game there is a real problem. Someone pretty much knows your tendacies. My guess is that Keller will have big time problems with their defense. A game or two later might have helped. I truly think we are putting way too mcuch faith in Keller. Hope I am wrong, but he is more of gunslinger than I like. It could develop into a very long night if he has problems. I douth there is much fear of playing against Keller on the SC side of the field. I am hearing SC feels this is one of their best defenses ever (PC tenure).

AR, correct me if i am wrong, but isnt pleading "No Contest" different from pleading "Guilty" to the charges.

I could be wrong, but I think pleading 'guilty' means you're either guilty, or are feeling you are going to be found 'guilty', and try to get a plea arrangement.

'No Contest' is stating that you do not feel that you are guilty, but that the evidence or case against you is overwhelming and you do not wish to contest the charges against you.

Fops

When one pleads "no contest" he is not admitting guilt, but to be sentenced he is found guilty by the judge. So when you plea no contest, you are found guilty.

Fops

When one pleads "no contest" he is not admitting guilt, but to be sentenced he is found guilty by the judge. So when you plea no contest, you are found guilty.

Actually, there is no finding of guilt. A no contest plea (referred to as nolo contendere) means that the person neither accepts or denies guilt, but that sentence is passed as if a finding of guilty is made or entered.

A person enters a "no contest" plea because, unlike a finding or plea of "guilty", it can't later be used against the person as an admission or finding of guilt in a civil trial.

Dramatic much? Gimme a friggin break. The only hot seat Callahan is on is the one that Husker fans such as yourself put him on.

But I suppose you are right. It's not like he drug a girl down multiple flights of stairs... :corndance

This is what I'm thinking. TO who many will defend until their dying day had a lot more "criminals" than BC to date. I believe Phillips was only sentenced to a 4 game suspension? The list of players with scrapes with the law during the mid-90's is longer than my arm. NU had the same reputation during the championship run as OU did with Switzer and Miami did with Jimmie. Because of these 3 above mentioned programs and coaches, there was a huge push for zero tolerance in 1996. It fell on deaf ears, but nonetheless it was there.

I think a 2 game suspension was warranted, but then again all of this happened during the off season. I don't really care what the outside media thinks of just one game. My only hope is that Purify will pull his head out of his ass. He's made some mental FUBAR's in a short span of time. I hope he trains harders and becomes mentally tougher going into the season. Last year, he rode on raw talent. This year and if he has any chance at the next level, he's going to have to refine that raw talent and get tougher mentally!