Videos of games

XMK2CATX1

I'm in Iraq right now, and was wondering if there is a simple way for my wife to take if she records a game from TV to transfer it to DVD so I can watch it over here? I have a laptop. I'll be as much as possible listening to them online through Husker Radio Network, but it's still not the same as watching them. I know theres more of you out there who think the same way. I grew up listening to Radio games from when I was little, but would love to be able to watch more than one like lasttime I was over here(watched us beat UM, whoot). So if anyone knows of an easy way for my wife to do that, please leave a reply. Depending my take me a bit to get back to this, those of you over here know the deal.

I'm in Iraq right now, and was wondering if there is a simple way for my wife to take if she records a game from TV to transfer it to DVD so I can watch it over here? I have a laptop. I'll be as much as possible listening to them online through Husker Radio Network, but it's still not the same as watching them. I know theres more of you out there who think the same way. I grew up listening to Radio games from when I was little, but would love to be able to watch more than one like lasttime I was over here(watched us beat UM, whoot). So if anyone knows of an easy way for my wife to do that, please leave a reply. Depending my take me a bit to get back to this, those of you over here know the deal.

i just got back from Iraq, and i was suprised by the amount of games that were on AFN. when the season starts if you go to afn.com, you can see what games are going to be on t.v. each week.

however your wife could buy a dvd recorder, which are not that expensive anymore, and record them directly to a dvd and not have to worry about transfering them from a tape to dvd.

stay safe and keep your head down

Thanks for checkin in man, and everything you do for our country. Im sure someone will be able to help - just wanted to say welcome.

:bonez

i just got back from Iraq, and i was suprised by the amount of games that were on AFN. when the season starts if you go to afn.com, you can see what games are going to be on t.v. each week.

however your wife could buy a dvd recorder, which are not that expensive anymore, and record them directly to a dvd and not have to worry about transfering them from a tape to dvd.

stay safe and keep your head down

I'm gonna second husker rob here. I work at a video production company here in KC so I have to deal with transferring/recording of tapes every day and we use this for making approval DVDs or quick dubs from analog sources. And you can find similar ones cheaper....like these

The nice thing about these is they can usually compress the video as it's recording to fit 6 or so hours worth onto a DVD.

A second option is if she's computer savvy and you have a decent computer, is to buy a capture card. This basically just plugs into your computer and you run the cable/coax connection to the back of the card. Your computer then does the recording and you can burn a DVD straight off your computer. The cons to doing it that was is you'll want to spend a bit of money to get a better quality card, you have to have the hard drive space for it and you kind of have to know a bit about computers to set it up properly. But like I said, it's just another option.

HTH

Stay safe.

B

Ty, for the show of support, I was talking with a couple of guys here, and came up with the same conclusion. Although, I think my wife will have a not hard time, but not easy to do for her. I've always been the one to set-up the entertainment center. I'll have her try it and see if she can get it to work, lol. All I wanna see this year is the.... :restore