***KC ALUMNI NEED HELP***

Eric the Red

Dear Kansas City Area Husker Grads and Fans,

After 13 consecutive years on the air, we are in real danger of losing Husker football radio broadcasts in Kansas City. To insure this doesn't happen, the Kansas City Alumni chapter needs individual donations to the Husker Radio fund more than ever before.

Husker Radio advertising revenues on WHB/KCTE are down over 40% from the all time high several years ago. In addition, donations to the KC Husker Radio Fund have decreased dramatically. The bottom line is, that revenues no longer offset the total hours Union Broadcasting allocates towards the broadcasts.

In order to ensure Husker broadcasts continue this year and into the future, we need new advertisers combined with more donations to the radio fund.

How do I donate to the Alumni Radio Fund? Donating to the radio fund is easy. Just log onto Nebraska Football Radio Broadcasts and click on the Radio Fund link to make a donation using PayPal. Or you can send in a donation check made out to NE Alumni Chapter Radio Fund to the following address by August 20th: KC Alumni Chapter, C/O Husker Radio Fund P.O Box 8086 Prairie Village, KS 66208.

How much should I donate? If you don't know how much you should donate, consider this: How much would you pay each week to have the Husker game broadcasts available to you while you're working in your yard or while out running errands? $10 per week? $20 per week? Take whatever number comes to mind and multiply it by 10 to 12 game weeks and that's how much you should consider donating.

What happens if I donate and there still isn't enough money to support the Huskers on the Radio? If you choose to donate and Husker games end up not being broadcast on Union Broadcasting affiliates, we will credit back your donation amount. As with every year, we cannot guarantee that every Husker game will be carried by Union Broadcasting as they balance conflicts with local area Royals and/or KSU radio broadcasts. However, Union Broadcasting will do everything they can to ensure a vast majority of Husker games are broadcast in Kansas City.

Who can I ask if I have additional questions? If you have any questions for alumni association representatives about the local radio broadcasts please email Jim Vranicar at jvranicar@kc.rr.com. If you own a business and would like to contact Union Broadcasting directly for sponsorship packages, please contact Ryan Koom at 913-344-1524.

We thank you in advance for your donation and hope the support you provide will ensure Husker Football on the Kansas City airwaves for years to come.

Your U of N Alumni KC Chapter Team

University of Nebraska Alumni - KC Chapter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

email: kansascityhuskers@yahoo.com

web: http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=hsi6yccab.0.gihkcv...ww.kchusker.com