Using The IGNORE Function

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 4 months later...

USING THE IGNORE FUNCTION

With the new board comes a new way to use the Ignore function. If you haven't found it yet, here's what to do.

1. Locate your sign-in profile at the upper right of any page. Mine looks like this:

Ignore1.PNG

2. Click the small, downward pointing arrow at the right of you name. You'll get a drop-down menu that looks like this:

Ignore2.PNG

3. Click the last option, entitled "Managened Ignored Users. You'll be taken to a new page that looks like this:

Ignore3.PNG

4. Enter the name of the Member you want to ignore, and then check whichever boxes fit the bill for you.

5. Click the Save Changes button:

Ignore4.PNG

6. If you already have members set for Ignore, you will also be able to manage changes, including removing someone from the Ignore list.

Thanks man, I was searching it. yeah.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The ignore feature is the refuge of the weak mind...

Or a useful function when you are quite positive you have heard everything you've ever want to hear from one person.

It's pretty cool, some people cease to exist if you don't want them to. Much nicer than the alternative.

Or a useful function when you are quite positive you have heard everything you've ever want to hear from one person.

Afraid of what they might say? Especially disturbing for a moderator...isn't this supposed to be a land of free speech?

Afraid of what they might say? Especially disturbing for a moderator...isn't this supposed to be a land of free speech?

Who says I use it? Or any moderator for that matter. What the hell does this have to do with free speech? :LOLtartar

Yes, the US is the land of free speech, but it's blackshirt's board. He can allow or disallow whatever he wants. Like the word b*******.

Who says I use it? Or any moderator for that matter. What the hell does this have to do with free speech? :LOLtartar

Yes, the US is the land of free speech, but it's blackshirt's board. He can allow or disallow whatever he wants. Like the word b*******.

I just think that if you don't want to hear other people's opinions, you have no business on a board like this. Isn't that the whole idea? As long as the person is not obscene, they should not be disallowed simply for the content of their message.

God knows some people don't want to hear opposing viewpoints. It's bad for their self-esteem.

I just think that if you don't want to hear other people's opinions, you have no business on a board like this. Isn't that the whole idea? As long as the person is not obscene, they should not be disallowed simply for the content of their message.

God knows some people don't want to hear opposing viewpoints. It's bad for their self-esteem.

It's a personal choice. That's why the option is there. They aren't being "disallowed", except by the person who's ignore list they are on.