Info needed

HSKRNOKC

I'll start with a few

best wing joint -- The Watering Hole

best place to watch if you cant get N: The N Zone, Barrys

best free parking -- directly south of the stadium in the neighborhoods - only a 10 min walk which takes you right thru O st for a few cold ones & the heart of campus

best pre game -- Sidetracks

Hey all. I really need info about Lincoln. Best food , bar , hotels.... Anything you think the out of stater might need to help have a great visit to Lincoln.

Please help us out and post your knowledge below.

I really apreciate any help.

OKC

Best food?

Depends what you like.

Mexican El Chapparo on 13th and F.

Indian: Tandoor Inn Williamsburg village

Italian : Vincenzos in the Haymarket

American : Mistys

Hotel : Cornhusker or Embassy

Bar, depends how old you are but before the game, Barry's. Frindaynight anything on O street.

I had to register just to put my 2 cents in. Lincoln is a great place to go out!

Food:

Bisonwiches

Amigos (there is one on every corner!)

Ya-ya's and Lazzari's for pizza.

Lazlos

Bars:

Cliffs, must get the Sharkwater

Sandys, Elk Creek's are great, and I don't even like OJ

Harry's wonder bar, those are some stiff drinks.

Then there are a ton of places to get cheap beer.

My last tip and ladies and gentlemen...Christmas is coming and if you don't have it...add this to your list.

A Game Day Guide to Towns of the Big 12 by Susan Kraus. Received it two years for Christmas and use it frequently on road trips to Husker games AND business trips to Big XII cities. After the book was published she went on KC sports talk radio and said she wasn't a football fan but went into each city the week before the game and learned the flavor. The book has great tips on what to do in each city leading up to kick off.

I agree with her Lincoln positive assessment of Lazlo's, Barry's, Misty's (USC fans ordered wrong - they complained about steaks - I didn't see prime rib reviews), Rock n Roll Runza, Crescent Moon Coffee, Zoo Bar, PO Pears, Barrymore's, Sidetrack, Tam O'Shanter, and O'rourkes.

This book rocks but anything older than a year or two dealing with the hotel, restaurant, nightclub industry can become dated.

How'd I do mom?

Just kidding..I have never even met Susan Kraus but enjoyed her compilation.

My last tip and ladies and gentlemen...Christmas is coming and if you don't have it...add this to your list.

A Game Day Guide to Towns of the Big 12 by Susan Kraus. Received it two years for Christmas and use it frequently on road trips to Husker games AND business trips to Big XII cities. After the book was published she went on KC sports talk radio and said she wasn't a football fan but went into each city the week before the game and learned the flavor. The book has great tips on what to do in each city leading up to kick off.

I agree with her Lincoln positive assessment of Lazlo's, Barry's, Misty's (USC fans ordered wrong - they complained about steaks - I didn't see prime rib reviews), Rock n Roll Runza, Crescent Moon Coffee, Zoo Bar, PO Pears, Barrymore's, Sidetrack, Tam O'Shanter, and O'rourkes.

This book rocks but anything older than a year or two dealing with the hotel, restaurant, nightclub industry can become dated.

How'd I do mom?

Just kidding..I have never even met Susan Kraus but enjoyed her compilation.

:worship:worship:worship:worship:worship:worship:worship