It's all her fault

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 DavidCC

Scout Team

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

Back in november of 2001 we were 11-0 and life was good. "It's a lot of fun, the Huskers never lose! Isaid" and I finally dragged my then-girlfriend (now wife) to a bar to watch a game, Colorado. What a disaster. I now blame her for everything that has happened since. Yes I married her anyway.

So in order to finally lift the jinx :restore she has offered to dye her hair husker-red and go to Memorial for a game. We have tickets for Ok State.

My question is, where should we go for breakfast (or brunch I guess, it's a 2:30 ko) before the game? Somewhere downtown, walking distance. Is there a homecoming parade and where could we watch it?

Thanks,
David
Omaha

PS - this is my first post, glad I found the board

#2 RunMickeyRun02

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

This poor guy! First the Colorado game and then judging by this post the 2007 Okie State game.....I wonder what he's up to now. 

#3 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,143 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

Welcome to HB, David!  Gotta say, that was one of the worst games you could have watched with her.  That game pretty much marked the end of an era of dominance for us.   Oh well.  It had to end sooner or later.  I guess.  :lol:

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#4 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:19 AM

This is my favorite HB topic of all time.
What we need is a new center to our politics - one that defends secularism, science & free speech against their enemies on the Left & Right.

#5 Enhance89

Legend

• Members
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

I'm so glad I found this.  It's like opening the biggest wrapped present on Christmas morning.

fro daddy, Enhance89 & knapplc are The Trifecta of Awesomeness

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#6 84HuskerLaw

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:30 PM

I guess I have never wanted to ask anyone not to be a Husker fan.  I have not asked anyone to NOT attend a game or cheer on the Big Red.  I believe we want to once again be America's team!   But this guy and or his wife are cursed or something.  Perhaps we have now found the real root cause for the dowfall of the Huskers!   I think just to be safe we should encourage him to become fans of Ohio State and take her to those Buckeye games against Nebraska.  Maybe the luck will turn for us?   LOL

#7 knapplc

Legend

• Members2
  • 39,286 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

Finally clicked on this thread. It's not what I expected.

clEdF.png

The failure to condemn is necessarily the act to condone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users