Keller

It's too soon to tell. Sam completed 58% of his passes against Wake, and would have been up around 70% if it wasn't for the dropped passes. Plus he was out of the game for a year and a half, he's also going to need another game or so to get back into his rhythm. Against Nevada we ran the ball three quarters of the time. Against Wake we ran the ball over twice as much as we passed.

By the time we get to conference play Keller will be fine.

He doesn't have another game or two. USC will be here Saturday night.

Win or lose, the USC game has little impact in the conference race.

I thought the goal was to get back to competing for National Championships. I guess we have fallen so far that winning the north is enough.

When was the last time that the Huskers finished the season ranked?

When was the last time a team, any team, has transitioned from a team that has been historically (last 3 - 4 years) unranked at seasons end and turn around and actually compete for a MNC the next year?

To expect this now, for the Huskers is not even remotely realistic.

Have we fallen that far? Yes.

Are we getting better? Yes.

The Big 12 North is maybe not enough for the expectations fans have --- but is it about what this team can reasonably do? Yes. NU is not yet remotely ready for OU or Texas --- so the B12 championship would be a strech. A national title?

It's too soon to tell. Sam completed 58% of his passes against Wake, and would have been up around 70% if it wasn't for the dropped passes. Plus he was out of the game for a year and a half, he's also going to need another game or so to get back into his rhythm. Against Nevada we ran the ball three quarters of the time. Against Wake we ran the ball over twice as much as we passed.

I thought the goal was to get back to competing for National Championships. I guess we have fallen so far that winning the north is enough.

When was the last time that the Huskers finished the season ranked?

When was the last time a team, any team, has transitioned from a team that has been historically (last 3 - 4 years) unranked at seasons end and turn around and actually compete for a MNC the next year?

To expect this now, for the Huskers is not even remotely realistic.

Have we fallen that far? Yes.

Are we getting better? Yes.

The Big 12 North is maybe not enough for the expectations fans have --- but is it about what this team can reasonably do? Yes. NU is not yet remotely ready for OU or Texas --- so the B12 championship would be a strech. A national title?

well we're definitely not ready for Oklahoma. they owned Miami 51-13. but i think we stand a chance against Texas. they had to recover an onside kick to survive against Arkansas State and it took them till the 4th quarter to beat TCU. we can beat Texas, but not OU

I'd give him a 6 out of 10 so far. He's got the physical size and strength, but too inconsistent. His throwing motion seems to be different, but he seems to be able to get the ball there. He seems to have a good presence on the field as well, glad he's on our team.

Was checking out a USC message board last night. A lot was about 'Same old Keller' from his days at ASU. Mostly talking about his inconsistency and folding under pressure. He did pick them apart in the first half in 05 before throwing the 5 int's. Some fans went on to say that ASU dumped him on purpose. I doubt that since he would have never been named the starter in the first place.

I'd give him a -3 out of 10, as well as the rest of NU...they're all 'Overrated'.

I'll give you a -20 out of 10 for 'checking out' a USC message board...try getting your wonderous facts somewhere else.

"Glad he's on our team." Exactly which team is that? Just curious. It's worthless to ask, because the criticism will flow in a loss, and a prop would commence in a win...nothing in between. Works out great, huh? <_<

You hit the nail on the head. People seem to think that this game is a make it or break it game for NU. It is not. The reasonable goals for this year are to repeat as B12 north champs and hopefully finish the season ranked. The USC game has no bearing on the former. On the latter, well no one (except some Husker faithful who would expect the "Skers to beat the NE Patriots) expects a victory against the #1 team in the nation. A loss to USC will not (in and of itself) be the determining factor as to wheteher NU finishes ranked.

You have settled for Mediocracy. Your Goals for the Team is what they already did last year.

No. The Huskers were not ranked at the end of last season. That would be a reasonable goal for this year. Do not think it automatic. USC, Texas, Missouri, Kansas, TAM, Kansas State and OSU are all games that could go either way. That is seven games against teams capable of beating us (and with a reasonable probability of doing so). If NU does not win at least four of those and then win the bowl game then they will finish outside of the top 25. So, winning that often and winning the bowl game --- and thus being ranked at seasons end would be a serious step up from last year (especially given our more difficult schedule this year).

Once more, how many programs out there that have not been ranked at the end of the season in the past few years have goals beyond finishing ranked?

Mediocrity no. Realism, yes. Anything beyond that would be gravy.

disagree, IF we say we are better, IF we say we are going to compete, then we damn sure better not lose to Missouri, Kansas, ATM, K-State or OSU. None of these teams are in the top 20 (at this time, with the exception of A&M who just hit #18) and if we have reduced our goals after playing 2 games, by saying we might not beat these teams, then we SURELY HAVE reduced our expectations. If we are worth even 2 sh#ts, we don't lose to these jokers listed above in my post!