Please read this post before you ask any questions. Most questions should be answered here. This post will be amended as needed so check back often.

I've organized all information within three categories, but categories may be add in the future. Select one to navigate to that section:

PHOTO

VIDEO

AUDIO

*HuskerBoard.com is not responsible for how you use this information. Please use good judgment.

PHOTOS

Posting Photos

If you are looking to post a photo in a thread that you have came across online, simply copy the image's URL and paste it between image tags. HERE is an example of what it should look like when you are typing your post.

If you are trying to post a photo you have on you computer, you have to upload the photo first. To do this, go HERE and click the Browse button. Locate and select the file on you computer and click Open. Then click the Host it button. Wait for the next window to load and copy the Direct link to image url (located at the bottom of page). Paste that URL as noted above. Your image may be large enough that it won't fit well on the forums, to avoid this check THIS box with this setting before clicking Host it. It also may be too big of a file to even upload (>1.5mb). If this is the case, you can resize it first on your computer using GIMP which I will introduce further down the page.

If you are trying to add an avatar to your profile, click the Browse button in your CONTROL PANEL and locate and Open your picture. Then click the Update Avatar button.

It you are trying to upload a signature that yourself or someone else made, you need to upload the photo using the method mentioned above. From there, copy the image URL and paste it in the edit signature box in your control panel. Then click Update my signature button.

Creating Photos

If you are interested in creating, editing, or resizing photos to be used as avatars, signatures, or wallpapers; the best free program to use is called GIMP. It can be downloaded HERE. Follow the instillation instructions that are given. If you need help on how to use GIMP, please use GIMP's HELP section or visit some of the tutorials HERE before asking questions here (although we are glad to help).

VIDEOS

Posting Videos

If you are looking to post a video to a thread, the easiest way to do this is by using a YouTube video. Simply find the video you want to post on YouTube and copy THIS segment of the URL. Then post it between YouTube tags. Your post should look like THIS. You can also simply post links to videos by simply pasting the URL of the video page in you post.

If you have a video on your computer you would like to share you will need to upload it first. This can be done using one of many options. I will cover two options in order of easy to difficult. The first option is to upload it to YouTube. This can be done by signing into an account on YouTube and then UPLOADING it. The second method is to use a divx formated video. If you have a video in divx format, you can upload it to the Stage6 site by logging into your free account (you may need to create one). Then simply follow the given upload instructions.

Downloading Videos

If you are trying to download a video from the web, there are many ways to do it depending on how it is posted online. If it is a direct link, you simply need to right-click and select save video as... However this is not too common.

If you find a video you want on YouTube, Google, ect... you need to visit THIS site to download it. THIS may help as well.

If you find a site that has a video that is being streamed through Windows Media Player, many times you can download your own copy using

method

Creating Videos

If you want to create videos yourself, you basically need two things. The first thing you will need is footage to edit. The easiest way to get footage is to download it from online via the methods mentioned above. The other option you have is to record footage directly from cable, dish, ect.... To do this, you will need some type of hardware device that can read the signal. The higher quality hardware devices are known as Tuner Cards. HERE are some examples of tuner cards. Before you buy anything, make sure you check out any reviews for that particular model. Many of these products are worthless or do a very poor job. If you want high quality, you'll probably have to pay for it. Now that you have your footage, you need a program to edit the video with. Windows XP comes with Windows Movie Maker which is actually quite powerful if you know how to use it. There are also programs such as Adobe Premier and Pinnacle, but the unfortunately are not free. Once you have you finished video, you can either post it online as metioned above, or you can make a dvd with it. There are many programs that can make DVDs, but I perfer to use DVD Flick to author them.

Converting Videos

If you have a video on you computer and need to convert it, you can do it online using THIS online tool or you can use a free program like SUPER. HERE is a basic tutorial on how to use SUPER.

AUDIO

Posting Audio

If you want to post a audio file that you found online, simply post a link to the URL of the audio in your post. This is the easiest and recommended way to do this.

If you want to post an audio file that you have on your computer, you will have to upload it to the web first. There are several sites that you can use but I recommend either DivShare or Mediafire. These sites both describe how you can go about uploading not only audio files, but any file type. I use DivShare as my primary host. You can create an account with the site to keep track and organize all of your files. If you have a huge file you may want to check out THIS or THIS page.

Downloading Audio

If you want to download audio from the web, you can do it in a few ways. The first and easiest way is to right click on a audio file and select save target as. Many mp3's are located online but very hard to find. One way to search them is to use Google. Use THIS to help refine your search. Last, if you must get a audio file that can be played, but seemingly can't be downloaded, you can record it using a specific but easy technique. You first need a program to record it with. HERE is a free program that works really well. HERE is a tutorial on how to use it to record. The only thing you need to change in that tutorial is the recording source. Instead of recording using you microphone or line-in source, you need to set your computer to record from wave-out. To do this click start>programs>accessories>entertainment>volume control. In that window, click Options then Properties. In this window, check the Recording box as well as all the others and click OK. This window gives you a list of all of your recording sources, check the wave out mix box. Then follow the tutorial given above. You may have to tweak the volume to get the desired audio levels.

• 3 weeks later...

dont see them at all and theres no way to make the screen any bigger than what it is, so im just like oh what the hell , thnx for your help man i really do appreciate it

You may try THIS, I've heard by many it works pretty well for most conversions. If not I'll find something for you. What file type are you converting to and from?