Fire Cosgrove

Why was the run defense non existent tonight? Did Cosgrove forget to teach them about stopping the run and making tackles? USC just toyed with Nebraska's defense. The D-Line got pushed around so much it wasn't even funny. Giving 49 points and getting blown out at home calls for a firing. Isn't this the kind of game that got Frank and his staff fired? So why don't we just fire that idiot Cosgrove and get a defensive coordinator who knows a thing or two about coaching a football team? Cosgrove never has been a good coach for any team. His defenses have always been mediocre. And tonight it just plain sucked.

*shakes head* @ this thread. You guys are full of it. They're the best team in the nation! Sheesh...what were you expecting?

I was expecting our players to stay at home and watch for the cut back runs! There's no excuse for SUH to get punked on every singe play by a friggen true freshman at center!

This crappy man 4-3 man defense we run is just that...CRAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

*shakes head* @ this thread. You guys are full of it. They're the best team in the nation! Sheesh...what were you expecting?

I was expecting our players to stay at home and watch for the cut back runs! There's no excuse for SUH to get punked on every singe play by a friggen true freshman at center!

So, what do you suggest? COZ had nothing to do with this loss. The players did not execute. USC ran the ball down our throats. The 4-3 is a very balanced D and suited to stop the run. Do you want a 3-4? I want to know why you think Coz and the 4-3 was so bad.

Now, for the record...I was not a fan of Coz last year and was very vocal about it, but lets be real here.

So, what do you suggest? COZ had nothing to do with this loss. The players did not execute. USC ran the ball down our throats. The 4-3 is a very balanced D and suited to stop the run. Do you want a 3-4? I want to know why you think Coz and the 4-3 was so bad. Oh well I am frustrated and pissed tonight so I am going to bed, sleep on it, and come back on tomorrow with a more clear outlook on the game.

Now, for the record...I was not a fan of Coz last year and was very vocal about it, but lets be real here.

No but my god this man on crap was so exploited tonight! Everytime they would send someone in motion the ENTIRE defense moved. Why not try more zones making the LB's actually pursue in their lanes instead of covering their certian assigned guy? Could it have made a difference? Probably not but it sure as hell would have stopped some of those back side cut runs!

I don't even think Booty was hit tonight. But I left after the 3rd quarter because it was too ugly so I don't know. Cosgrove's problem is that he runs passive schemes where they don't rush the quarterback or ever send a blitz to maybe try and stop the run. Then he teaches arm tackles to all the players or it seems that way because usually thats what they try. FIRE COZ!!!

I don't even think Booty was hit tonight. But I left after the 3rd quarter because it was too ugly so I don't know. Cosgrove's problem is that he runs passive schemes where they don't rush the quarterback or ever send a blitz to maybe try and stop the run. Then he teaches arm tackles to all the players or it seems that way because usually thats what they try. FIRE COZ!!!

We are a reactive defense. Yes we try blitzes but have you noticed that we have a total of 3 yes that's right 3 total sacks for the season so far! Pretty sad if you ask me!

Do you want a 3-4? I want to know why you think Coz and the 4-3 was so bad.

Ummmm....cuz we used the 4-3 last year and it still sucked

Yes, we used a 4-3 base last year and we are using it this year. If we were getting torn up on the pass, maybe we should have switched to a 3-4 but we were not. The 4-3 was the right thing to do when getting torn up by the run. Should be have put 8 or 9 nine men in the box to stop the run? Maybe? If we did, Bootby would have torn us up on the pass....as I said...our players did not execute.