Give me a break!

Maybe if Husker fans knew as much about the presidential candidates as they knew about Husker players and staff, George Bush would not be in office! (Even though Al Gore won the popular vote!)

Ah yes, because people who follow Husker football can't follow politics as well, right?

Get bent, :asshat

and Al Gore would have been SOOOOO much better for the US

Don't even get me started on the electoral college! What a scham! BTW, the players are not getting paid money! They are receiving an education. Do you actually know the number of people on FULL scholorship on the football team. Not a lot compared to the entire team.

Actually, 85 are on full rides. That's a significant percentage. As for the rest, it's their choice.

Aside to the Board - this is an example as to why men rule the world...

Oh snap, AR! :lol:

This is my first post here. Please don't start hating me before you completly hear me out.

I am thinking about all this Husker crap. I am not a Husker hater. I really enjoy rooting the football team on. I attended UNL. I don't understand why this team is treated like a pro team with the fans and all over the news. A lot of the people who are bitching about everything over in Lincoln never even attended the school! Why does the status of the situation in the Athletics Department throw the entire state in an uproar and take over the entire 5 o'clock news and after?

I have lived in Seattle, Washington (where there are a few college teams and a pro team). Even a change in the Seahawks staff would not break into regular television to make an announcement. It would come on the news. Maybe if some of the people in this town lived anywhere but in the little Husker bubble; they would understand the insanity of their Husker crap they spew on everyone in the state. It's ridiculous! People, travel there is a whole new world out there to experience!

These college football players in Lincoln are about 18-22 years old! They are not professional football players. They are not getting paid money! They are playing a sport they love and some are getting some or all of their education in return. THAT'S IT! They are kids! It is not life and death in Nebraska.

If anyone says that "T.O." is going to save the team and get "us" (I have never quite figured out which us and we fans are talking about) back on track I will vomit on them. This 3 ring circus needs to stop! Don't people remember there is military occupation in Iraq or that genocide is being committed in Darfur? Homeowners are losing there houses everyday in the US because of the housing burst. Hello???? U.S. military soldiers are dying and they aren't even shown on the news enough. People, if you are listening, move on! There are primaries and an election for a new president coming up. Maybe if Husker fans knew as much about the presidential candidates as they knew about Husker players and staff, George Bush would not be in office! (Even though Al Gore won the popular vote!)

Poor thing must've not had good enough grades to get into CU. Oh well, even though she's a Husker I'm pretty sure I just fell in love with this girl anyway.

Seriously, I'm not kidding. Someone get me this woman's phone number, we need her on The Hill.

This is my first post here. Please don't start hating me before you completly hear me out.

I am thinking about all this Husker crap. I am not a Husker hater. I really enjoy rooting the football team on. I attended UNL. I don't understand why this team is treated like a pro team with the fans and all over the news. A lot of the people who are bitching about everything over in Lincoln never even attended the school! Why does the status of the situation in the Athletics Department throw the entire state in an uproar and take over the entire 5 o'clock news and after?

I have lived in Seattle, Washington (where there are a few college teams and a pro team). Even a change in the Seahawks staff would not break into regular television to make an announcement. It would come on the news. Maybe if some of the people in this town lived anywhere but in the little Husker bubble; they would understand the insanity of their Husker crap they spew on everyone in the state. It's ridiculous! People, travel there is a whole new world out there to experience!

These college football players in Lincoln are about 18-22 years old! They are not professional football players. They are not getting paid money! They are playing a sport they love and some are getting some or all of their education in return. THAT'S IT! They are kids! It is not life and death in Nebraska.

If anyone says that "T.O." is going to save the team and get "us" (I have never quite figured out which us and we fans are talking about) back on track I will vomit on them. This 3 ring circus needs to stop! Don't people remember there is military occupation in Iraq or that genocide is being committed in Darfur? Homeowners are losing there houses everyday in the US because of the housing burst. Hello???? U.S. military soldiers are dying and they aren't even shown on the news enough. People, if you are listening, move on! There are primaries and an election for a new president coming up. Maybe if Husker fans knew as much about the presidential candidates as they knew about Husker players and staff, George Bush would not be in office! (Even though Al Gore won the popular vote!)

Poor thing must've not had good enough grades to get into CU. Oh well, even though she's a Husker I'm pretty sure I just fell in love with this girl anyway.

Seriously, I'm not kidding. Someone get me this woman's phone number, we need her on The Hill.

Try PM'ng her. a buff fan and a gore supporter hooking up would be something special

great stuff :sarcasm

Don't people remember there is military occupation in Iraq or that genocide is being committed in Darfur? Homeowners are losing there houses everyday in the US because of the housing burst. Hello???? U.S. military soldiers are dying and they aren't even shown on the news enough.

Its called a release. An outlet. It doesn't make Iraq, Bush, work , taxes, bills, a-hole bosses, raging traffic, lazy co workers, annoying in laws, over analytical people(cough), go away. Just a break so we can not be so uptight that we go on a three state killing spree.

Two things I know for sure. Life is short. If you don't stop every now and then and not stress all the crap in the world it will consume you, eat you, and spit you out.

Lighten up. We are Huskers by choice. Weather we went to school there or just love the whole ambiance of being a Husker. Tradition , honor, and pride.

Those are not bad qualities to promote in a world that is a cesspool of stupidity.

You should be proud to be a part of what is right in the world instead of knocking the principals that make our fan base legendary.

Now run along and save a whale or something. :dunno

Don't even get me started on the electoral college! What a scham! BTW, the players are not getting paid money! They are receiving an education. Do you actually know the number of people on FULL scholorship on the football team. Not a lot compared to the entire team.

Actually, 85 are on full rides. That's a significant percentage. As for the rest, it's their choice.

Aside to the Board - this is an example as to why men rule the world...

Oh snap, AR! :lol:

:rollin:rollin:clap