Peterson Guilty

Is it just me or is anyone else getting sick of these trials that catch the nations attention? The break rooms at my office were filled with people watching TV Friday afternoon when they released the verdict. Now for the made-for-tv movie... Any thoughts?

This kind of thing has been going on forever - we're simply living in a time in which there is instant and complete coverage and media dissemination. Before, it was newspapers and novels (In Cold Blood). Same mentality, though - it's the reason so-called "reality" programming is so "hot".

• 4 weeks later...

Death penalty for Peterson... I wonder how many people get the death penalty each year that I never hear about on the national news?

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - A jury decided Monday that Scott Peterson should be executed for murdering his pregnant wife, Laci, whose Christmas Eve disappearance two years ago was the opening act in a legal drama that captivated the nation.

Cheers went up outside the courtroom as the jury announced its decision after 11 1/2 hours of deliberations over three days. The jury had two options in deciding the 32-year-old former fertilizer salesman's fate: life in prison without parole or death by injection.

Judge Alfred A. Delucchi will formally sentence Peterson on Feb. 25. The judge will have the option of reducing the sentence to life, but such a move is highly unlikely.

Peterson clenched his jaw when the verdict was read but showed no other emotion.

In arguing for death, prosecutors called Peterson "the worst kind of monster" and said he was undeserving of sympathy. The defense begged jurors to "go back there and please spare his life."

Full Story Here

He doesn't look very happy does he?

Agree with both of ya, but who knows what he was thinking when he did it, he could have been having a Jack, from the shining, moment. Perfect waist of two / three lives...

It seems like everyone has an opinion on trials like this. Personally I wasn't in the jury box so I try not to presume anything. The verdict was guilty and that's all I really know. I don't believe a thing the media says because IMO they always alters the facts to make the most interesting story.