THE US CONSTITUTION, THE BIBLE AND GOD'S ETERNAL L

Dear President Bush,

Thank you for reminding us to obey God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you and understand why you support a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage. As you said, "In the eyes of God marriage is based between a man a woman."

I try to share your knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend homosexual relationships, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Law and how to follow them.

Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness - Lev. 15:19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is with my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole neighborhood together to stone them? Lev. 24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

11. I would like to take on a second wife and maybe a few concubines, if I can scrape enough money together. Are you proposing an amendment to ban compulsory monogamy?

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus possess considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging, and that our constitution and laws ought to enforce it.

Sincerely,

Joe Christian-American

PS: Do you know where I can get a used Mexican cheap? (Lev. 25:44)

Here's a thought; Bush for another 4 years, but his laws will live on...

Oh the thought of this is enough to make me live in a cave. I keep seeing these polls around that say Americans are quite afraid of a terrorist attack if anyone else would have been elected other than Bush. Yet the people who were most affected by Terrorism, New York, New Jersey, Conn. R.I., Washington DC all voted for Kerry. Hhhhmmmmmmmmm.

I'm not a big fan of Kerry at all, but anything is better than Bush. Holy Christ the more I think about it, the more I fear for my grandchildren's future. They will have to deal with all of these mistakes, blunders, decisions made by this current administration. Remember all empires and world powers fall sometime. Especially when they get greedy, and this my friends, is greed. In the History books, it is written when and where the great empires have fallen. I beleive when our grandchildrens children read the books, the date of the U.S. downfall will land on 9/11. Bush had a chance to unify and choked. All the Bible thumpin' himpies came out of the wood work. Blamed all of these events on the fact that "...we are losing God. We have kicked him out of our schools, our public parks, and society in general." And that's fine with me, but when our commander-in-cheifs decision making is based off a 2,000 year old book, were in trouble. Way back in the early 1900's, William McKinely based his decision to attack and kill over 200,000 Filippinos because God came and spoke to him one night and said "we must take the Island" and people find this ridiculous, why can't we see what this Texas bumkin' is trying to do?? I fear America has made a very damaging mistake.

Here's a thought; Bush for another 4 years, but his laws will live on...

Oh the thought of this is enough to make me live in a cave. I keep seeing these polls around that say Americans are quite afraid of a terrorist attack if anyone else would have been elected other than Bush. Yet the people who were most affected by Terrorism, New York, New Jersey, Conn. R.I., Washington DC all voted for Kerry. Hhhhmmmmmmmmm.

I'm not a big fan of Kerry at all, but anything is better than Bush. Holy Christ the more I think about it, the more I fear for my grandchildren's future. They will have to deal with all of these mistakes, blunders, decisions made by this current administration. Remember all empires and world powers fall sometime. Especially when they get greedy, and this my friends, is greed. In the History books, it is written when and where the great empires have fallen. I beleive when our grandchildrens children read the books, the date of the U.S. downfall will land on 9/11. Bush had a chance to unify and choked. All the Bible thumpin' himpies came out of the wood work. Blamed all of these events on the fact that "...we are losing God. We have kicked him out of our schools, our public parks, and society in general." And that's fine with me, but when our commander-in-cheifs decision making is based off a 2,000 year old book, were in trouble. Way back in the early 1900's, William McKinely based his decision to attack and kill over 200,000 Filippinos because God came and spoke to him one night and said "we must take the Island" and people find this ridiculous, why can't we see what this Texas bumkin' is trying to do?? I fear America has made a very damaging mistake.

Very good points, Im on your side Eric. The thought of our future on this same track of decimating everything in our way, that doesnt conform to someone's subjective "morals" scares me deeply.

Well, hopefully there are enough checks and balances set in place that that f***in retard can't screw this nation up more than he has. 4 years is a long time, but with any luck Cheney will be gone and G dub will go away quietly.

Bull crap, there is no checks and balances there. Bush will push the envolope as far to the right as he can possible take it. Look for the "draft issue" to arise again. Not saying it will pass, but it will be brought up. It's too bad we have return to a nation of ignorance and bigotry(or actually have we ever left that). Not allowing an American to get married because of partner choice is ridiculous. More to come on this.

The Democrats can't filibuster everything.

Well, hopefully there are enough checks and balances set in place that that f***in retard can't screw this nation up more than he has.  4 years is a long time, but with any luck Cheney will be gone and G dub will go away quietly.

Bull crap, there is no checks and balances there. Bush will push the envolope as far to the right as he can possible take it. Look for the "draft issue" to arise again. Not saying it will pass, but it will be brought up. It's too bad we have return to a nation of ignorance and bigotry(or actually have we ever left that). Not allowing an American to get married because of partner choice is ridiculous. More to come on this.

Well, you may disagree about checks and balances being put in place, but I have faith that the system of government we have will not allow one person to destroy our nation. This nation turned into a bunch of wandering sheep following September 11th, looking for someone to follow in a time of need. Well, the nation looked to the wrong person, because GW is an idiot. If you can see your president speaking on television and know that you could whip his ass on "Jeopardy" hell, even "Wheel of Fortune", that isn't good. As far as same sex marriages, I don't agree with it either. Marriage is a sacrament between a man and a woman that is meant to bear children under the eye of God. Gay people should be allowed legal partnerships, but to abolish the sacrament of marriage would by letting gay people get married would be an insult to anyone that has ever been married.

Well, hopefully there are enough checks and balances set in place that that f***in retard can't screw this nation up more than he has.  4 years is a long time, but with any luck Cheney will be gone and G dub will go away quietly.

Well, you may disagree about checks and balances being put in place, but I have faith that the system of government we have will not allow one person to destroy our nation. This nation turned into a bunch of wandering sheep following September 11th, looking for someone to follow in a time of need. Well, the nation looked to the wrong person, because GW is an idiot. If you can see your president speaking on television and know that you could whip his ass on "Jeopardy" hell, even "Wheel of Fortune", that isn't good. As far as same sex marriages, I don't agree with it either. Marriage is a sacrament between a man and a woman that is meant to bear children under the eye of God. Gay people should be allowed legal partnerships, but to abolish the sacrament of marriage would by letting gay people get married would be an insult to anyone that has ever been married.

I don't agree at all about the marriage part. I'm married to a chick and it wouldn't bother me one flippin crap.

If it's in the "Eye of God," than where are my slaves.

Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

Plan and simply you cannot mix religion and government in a democracy. That's just the way it is. We have freedom of choice, speech, due process and equality under the law. We are not providing those people equality simply based on the fact that some religion states that.

Here's a question to ponder. With such a high rate of divorce, why are we stopping people from getting married?? Shouldn't we work equally if not harder on getting the people to stick together no matter who they are??

In 20 or so years we will look down upon this time and feel sorry for those we discriminated against, as we do now upon the blacks and women that have felt the wrath of "white, male power." Come to think of it, they still are not equal, but at least they are making strides.

[if it's in the "Eye of God," than where are my slaves.

Obviously the Bible was written in a time much different than ours. The point is, at least to me, is that it can be looked at for guidance at times even today. The lessons are what's important, not the words themselves. There are things that don't apply and things that do.

Also, it isn't just about marriage. The definition in most if not all sociology books of marriage is a bond that facilitates socially acceptable procreation. Unless my nigerian Sociology teacher was lying to me.

Listen, I could give a sh#t if gay people want to have a legally recognized bond I don't claim to be an expert on the topic either. I do think it is a bigger decision than people think. However saying that marriage is strictly an idea based in religion isn't entirely true these days IMO.

Plan and simply you cannot mix religion and government in a democracy.  That's just the way it is.  We have freedom of choice, speech, due process and equality under the law.  We are not providing those people equality simply based on the fact that some religion states that.

Here's a question to ponder.  With such a high rate of divorce, why are we stopping people from getting married?? Shouldn't we work equally if not harder on getting the people to stick together no matter who they are??

In 20 or so years we will look down upon this time and feel sorry for those we discriminated against, as we do now upon the blacks and women that have felt the wrath of "white, male power."  Come to think of it, they still are not equal, but at least they are making strides.

Well, I believe that just because you are given the right of choice and free speech doesn't give you the right to have everything you say and do accepted. If gay people want to have a publicly recognized union, then fine, so be it. But leave marriage alone.