"Even if he does keep Coach Callahan, you figure every year he's going to be on a short leash," said Gray

This sucks, we've already lost Gray, I know that Gabbert, Comtpon and Givens are soon to follow. I wish that recruiting didn't have to be affected at the level that it is because of all this turmoil. Why can't they just be content knowing that we'll find a new coach, he'll implement them into his system while they still continue to get a first class education for free at a top notch university. Times were so much simpler back in the day, nowadays, it's all about the player and what's best for his "NFL aspirations" it's just sad.

Honestly, I can't say that I blame Gray--or any other recruit at this point--with the state that the NU program is in right now. I just hope that when the new staff gets in that they'll give them a decent look.

I think Gabbert's got family ties to NU, so there's hope that he'd consider coming here for a new coach.

This is only the beginning, though. We're going to see a lot fo them decommit.

The best thing that could happen is if B.C. after the UT game announces his resignation, effective after the season. And T.O. is immediately able to announce the hiring of the new coach. That may not be possible, but it would be the most ideal situation in getting back some of these commitments. You would like the new guy to start relationship building with the 23 commitments. Again, this may be very hard to achieve.

Honestly, I can't say that I blame Gray--or any other recruit at this point--with the state that the NU program is in right now. I just hope that when the new staff gets in that they'll give them a decent look.

I think Gabbert's got family ties to NU, so there's hope that he'd consider coming here for a new coach.

actually i believe the family ties are to Coach Callahan, watched a video the other day saying BC coached Gabbert's uncle in college

actually i believe the family ties are to Coach Callahan, watched a video the other day saying BC coached Gabbert's uncle in college

that sucks. guess he's gone, too

yeah, gray going is to greener pastures :sarcasm

I think that it is becoming apparent to recruits that the Huskers have now lost stability, and that every coach henceforth will "be on a short leash." Come on, now, admit it. It has imploded . . . almost. We shall see.

Well Osborne can still keep Callahan and you can have your way. Bad football and the chant We stick with bad coaches just so we don't look like Alabama. Rather have it imploded then a slow fuze to indifference which is where this Program is headed.