Interesting sight... maybe part of the problem.

Hey all.

This is my first actual post, sorry it had to be a negative one.

I've been a member of the Cornhusker Marching Band and this year I elected not to be so I could concentrate on graduating. Anyway, a lot of my friends are in band and several were down at the Kansas game this weekend. What some of them relayed to me was an interesting exchange between Callahan and T.O. The tunnel through which the team/coaches entered and exited was right by the band, and before half time several people saw TO motioning to BC as he was coming off the field to come over to him. He was also saying, "Bill, Bill! Over here!" and BC zoomed right by him, right in front of him. It was blatantly obvious that he was ignoring Osborne.

I couldn't believe it. I mean, BC knows he's canned at the end of the year, but does that mean publicly ignoring your boss, the AD, and a legend?

Seems kind of obscene and unnecessary. Lord know he wasn't thinking about second-half adjustments. He was probably trying to remember the number of a good moving company. :hmmph

If I had been in Callahan's position, just having watched my team give up 76 points to a team lead by a midget quarterback, I would have stormed past Mother Theresa. I think Osborne was out of line. It looked like he was trying to show him up.

:wtf Why would TO be trying to show him up? What makes TO out of line? :steam I think that once NU gave up 48 points in the 1st half he should he on his knees asking TO for help! In no way was he even appearing to show him up :asshat

I watched that clip on the internet (her it is if anyone else wants to see http://www.wowt.com/sports/headlines/10994876.html) but i thouhgt this was at the end of the game not at half time. If i jsut had 76 points put up on me i would be walking pretty fast to get into that locker room also and would try to have a little tunnel vision in doing it.

But this was at half time when NU still had a very slim chance of pulling a come back or atleast keeping the game close. The greatest coach in UNL history goes over to BC probably jsut to give him some support or maybe tell him he would like to talk to the kids at halftime and try to inspire these kids, cause BC or Coz obviously were not inspiring anyone, and what does BC do. Oh he jsut walks right by TO and in his mind was saying "why dont you F--- off you crusty old F-----. I know ten times as much about football than you do so why dont you let me do the coaching and you can keep those hillbilly fans of yours in line" you knwo that is what BC thinks of husker nation.

Bill Callahan has never been around a state that loves their football team this much and instead of inbrasing the fans he pushes everyone away casue he knows whats best for the team and no one can change his mind. Not the the great Tom Osborne and that is why he jsut ignored TO on saturday.

If I had been in Callahan's position, just having watched my team give up 76 points to a team lead by a midget quarterback, I would have stormed past Mother Theresa. I think Osborne was out of line. It looked like he was trying to show him up.

Ignoring your boss after a bad showing? Interesting.

If I had been in Callahan's position, just having watched my team give up 76 points to a team lead by a midget quarterback, I would have stormed past Mother Theresa.

Thats what i thought too at first but if you read the first post it says that this took place at halftime, not the end of the game.

I think Osborne was out of line. It looked like he was trying to show him up

If Osborne really wanted to show him up he would have ran him down and ripped his ass cause TO is his boss and he has the right to do that. If you go back and look at the vidoe you can see that after BC walks right by him he is jsut kinda lost and confused at why some one would treat a human being this way. TO was never trying to embaress BC, because TO is a much better person than that and if you werent a missouri fan you would know this.

He's his boss. The least he could have done was maybe turn his head and acknowledge his presence. If I didn't have time for my boss I at least maybe give an excuse. Maybe he had to get inside for something...fine. He should have at least made that clear that he was in a hurry for a reason.

He's his boss. The least he could have done was maybe turn his head and acknowledge his presence. If I didn't have time for my boss I at least maybe give an excuse. Maybe he had to get inside for something...fine. He should have at least made that clear that he was in a hurry for a reason.

Tom's only his boss for 2 more weeks and everyone in the solar system knows it.

Tom's only his boss for 2 more weeks and everyone in the solar system knows it.

I don't much care if he's a short-timer or not. You should just plain respect your boss and make time for him/her. I'm not going to blow this out of proportion, but plain and simple, he should have at least made some sort of acknowledgement that TO was there instead of storming past him. He showed a lack of class.

Thanks for the link NPHusker...I hadn't seen it till now. I don't care if it was at half time...even if he was in a hurry to talk to the team... or at the end of the game or anywhere in-between period! You don't treat your boss that way! Bill C is an obniouxious SOB!!!