KSU and CU

HSKRNOKC

I'm sorry, Maybe not the best place to post this, but my cousin got us tickets to CU from his colorado buddies, How bad are we going to get beat up for wearing red?

:woo:bonez:dunno:wasted

Should probably learn karate quick! Depends on where you are sitting. If you are around Huskers you'll be ok, not great but ok. If your around CU fans, wear a helmet.

We will be tailgating and sitting with his CU buddies, does that save us anything, or are we just f'ed?

You'll be fine. CU students started getting the full week of Thanksgiving off last year, which means that this year untold amounts of the rowdiest fans in the stadium will be masquerading as empty seats. Remember, a good 50% of CU students come from out of state, and many of those kids are the ones that have given CU fans such a bad reputation in the past (particularly the kids from the northeast and LA).

The athletic department is actually pretty worried about the kind of attendance they're going to get for this game. They're expecting at least 7,000 students to be out of town, and the Nebraska folks aren't gobbling up the extra tickets like they usually do this year, so CU's being faced with a situation where there might be a bunch of empty seats visible on TV (especially in the student section, obviously).

If these teams were both ranked obviously none of this would be a problem, but apparently... um, that's not the case.

Two games left. I absolutely pray that we play these two opponents tooth and nail. If not , we will be barraged with these two fan bases coming here endlessly and starting crap.

That and I just plain cant stand either team. :steam:steam:steam:steam:steam

If I was a fan of another team the last thing I would be doing is bragging about how my team beat this Nebraska team.

We will be tailgating and sitting with his CU buddies, does that save us anything, or are we just f'ed?

You'll be fine. CU students started getting the full week of Thanksgiving off last year, which means that this year untold amounts of the rowdiest fans in the stadium will be masquerading as empty seats. Remember, a good 50% of CU students come from out of state, and many of those kids are the ones that have given CU fans such a bad reputation in the past (particularly the kids from the northeast and LA).

The athletic department is actually pretty worried about the kind of attendance they're going to get for this game. They're expecting at least 7,000 students to be out of town, and the Nebraska folks aren't gobbling up the extra tickets like they usually do this year, so CU's being faced with a situation where there might be a bunch of empty seats visible on TV (especially in the student section, obviously).

If these teams were both ranked obviously none of this would be a problem, but apparently... um, that's not the case.

Listen, I hope you dont take offense to my post. I think your a great fan. just dont care for CU fans in general. In the words of Buck Wheat... You are OOOO'Tay.

Listen, I hope you dont take offense to my post. I think your a great fan. just dont care for CU fans in general. In the words of Buck Wheat... You are OOOO'Tay.

None taken, and I'm not trying to make a general statement about CU fans here. All I'm saying is that if you're expecting Folsom to look like the Thunderdome 2 weeks from now, you're probably going to be sorely disappointed (or perhaps "relieved" would be the better adjective).

None taken, and I'm not trying to make a general statement about CU fans here. All I'm saying is that if you're expecting Folsom to look like the Thunderdome 2 weeks from now, you're probably going to be sorely disappointed (or perhaps "relieved" would be the better adjective).

Cool. Thanks for the 411.

I think the fact that we are also now a "bottom-feeder" would make it even more special to beat them. Losing to Nebraska this year is like getting beaten up by a midget.

No it could get worse. Iowa State could win another game while we don't and we would be dead last in the Big 12 North. I could see us win the next two games if cally and coz weren't calling plays for the entire game just not a half.

We'll take CU out...and then we'll take out KU to end their little "undefeated season" fantasy.We're on a roll! One in a row!

That being said...I'll be pulling for you while I'm over here at Jack Trice Stadium watching the Clones trample the Buttalos. I'll even throw a few extra bottles at them for you when they go into the locker room...(you can get ANYTHING past security over here...even hookers!)

Even hookers?/ Hmmm..; maybe I should be an ISU fan too.... :lol:

I don't know of too many CU fans anticipating some sort of smack down this year. We don't know which team will show up for us, is is the team that beat OU and Tech or is it the team that laid down against Mizzou and K-State? On paper NU has wayyyyyyyyy more talent then we do, I anticipate 2-3 years of rebuilding before we really start to show some signs of consistency.

rrogersne, you will be fine, all these stories you hear are the same rehashed stories that are now being passed down from Husker generation to Husker generation. Good luck and enjoy the game, I am envious of you.

Iowa State beat the Buffies today 31-28!!!! They were down 21-0 at halftime and came

back and beat them. It won't be an easy game on Colorado's home field, but this shows

that they are beatable if ISU can beat them!!

Actually, the box score is wrong. The game was a tie, the refs just waved off overtime for... you know, no reason whatsoever. :angry:

And NO, I'm not going to let this one go. My Buffs got absolutely SCREWED out of bowl eligibility today, and I am PISSED.