SIGNED: TE Ben Cotton

huskerguy

That's great, Nebraska always needs a great TE. He'll learn to be tough as hell since Ron Brown will be coaching TE.

yes and Brownie needs to put 30 lbs. on this kid too!

or RS him and have him spend the next 2 years eating and lifting... and then let pops turn him into a monster tackle

• 4 weeks later...

That is good for him and his dad, but who knows how good the kid is. I am sure that he will be evaluated fairly.

The way I figure it, alot of things can be coached, but size and athleticism can't, at it appears Cotton has those. Even if his technique isn't up to snuff, with his build and athleticism the coaches have a solid base to build upon.

That's great, Nebraska always needs a great TE. He'll learn to be tough as hell since Ron Brown will be coaching TE.

yes and Brownie needs to put 30 lbs. on this kid too!

or RS him and have him spend the next 2 years eating and lifting... and then let pops turn him into a monster tackle

no one wants to spend 2 years lifting or sitting on the bench, waiting to play. one year developing should be enough for most anyone, then he plays on talent or not, period.

I agree with Hunter.........no athlete wants to sit for 2-3 years....but if they want to "play for Nebraska" some will do that !!!!!!!!! He also wants to play for dad........so he might be willing to "pay the price" of sitting and eating and lifting....

He isn't far off..... at 6-6, if he could add about 30 pounds and play at 245-250, that would be nice.....it won't take him 2-3 years to put on 30 pounds at NU.....

I think this kid is a nice pick up........ doesn't have explosive TE speed, but not slow either.... I try to gage a recruit by looking at who else is after him..... Missouri, Louisville, Kansas....... all have decent programs, so if they wanted him, he must be okay....especially Missouri, who have 2 of the top TE in the country playing right now.

........" F'n A Cotton, F'n A"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...