I don't mean to be anti-york, it was just a little boring growing up there. But then again, we got real creative so maybe that's worth something. I still go back 4-5 times a year. Heck I own a house and some farmland, so I have to. Mostly I just spend my time at the Elks club and occasionally venture over to the R for a steak. The three things I really miss, besides my good friends, are the Elks club, the old midway(not the new one)- you know with the mountain oyster feed on Fridays , and driving in the country checing the corn with a few friends and cooler. Oh, and of course the biggest miss of all is the football falls.

Did you play? My uncle was the coach for a lot of years there.

Chances R is a pretty good place to eat.

Yeah its pretty good. Actually York is starting to expand the eateries lately so that's handy for me being 20 minutes away and not having to drive the hour plus to Lincoln. There is a great Mexican place downtown York by a DG. The newer mexican place called Salsas is pretty crappy. There is a Dickies BBQ currently under construction over by the Wal Mart. I kinda wish the Applebees wasn't inside the Motel across from the Truck Stop.

Fun Fact: I was eating Applebees with my wife one day when I discovered a hair on my drink glass. It was no ordinary hair. It was about a 3 ft long hair. A hair that could only belong to my ex girlfriend and career Applebees employee. Needless to say, I was a touch offput.

Chances R is a pretty good place to eat.

Yeah its pretty good. Actually York is starting to expand the eateries lately so that's handy for me being 20 minutes away and not having to drive the hour plus to Lincoln. There is a great Mexican place downtown York by a DG. The newer mexican place called Salsas is pretty crappy. There is a Dickies BBQ currently under construction over by the Wal Mart. I kinda wish the Applebees wasn't inside the Motel across from the Truck Stop.

Fun Fact: I was eating Applebees with my wife one day when I discovered a hair on my drink glass. It was no ordinary hair. It was about a 3 ft long hair. A hair that could only belong to my ex girlfriend and career Applebees employee. Needless to say, I was a touch offput.

At least it wasn't a little black curly hair.