if we were bowling this year...

np_husker

If you haven't had a chance to go to a bowl game, it is a MUST...... everyone seems to talk about $$$, and yes, it does cost a little, but hey..... I do not have a lot of extra dough.... I am a high school teacher and have a family, so I am not "wealthy" by any means..

If you only want to take the "packages", then the trips are fairly expensive.... My wife and I took a "package" to the Fiesta Bowl 7 years ago.....fun yes, expensive...yes..

If you plan by yourself, go with a group of buddies (right KChusker)......the trips aren't that expensive....

We have been to Orange, Alamo, Fiesta, Cotton, "Kick-off Classic" vs West Virginia, and my buddy KChusker has been to Rose also....... I rarely spend more than $700 total..... Plus, if you don't take a package deal, you have the freedom to travel around the city and do your own thing....

I begin saving $$ immediately after the bowl game for next season's bowl game...if plan a year ahead, it really isn't too difficult to go.....

KC and I were headed out this season for sure, but I guess my kids and wife get a little better Christmas presents this year :clap

Well said we were talking after the k-state game and were ready to go.

I have not been to a bad bowl even if we dont win. But like HANC said if

you do it right the cost is not that bad.

(Now if I can only remember them) :lol::cheers

would you be going to the game? Had we won one more game and became bowl eligible, I just wondered how many of Husker Nation would have followed the team.

I have never been to a bowl game and didn't necessarily plan to go this year, but would have considered it. Obviously a BCS bowl is always the goal, but the Alamo or Holiday bowls would be fun as far as a destination.

No way in heck would I go unless it was the PAPA JOHN'S.COM BOWL...Love their pizza...mmmmmm ! :corndance

I plan on going to Nebraska's bowl game this year. I believe it's down at DJ's Dugout, sometime in late December. It looks like we're playing Notre Dame or Pitt.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, listen to Unsportsmanlike Conduct this week. They're going to play a simulated game on PlayStation, record it, and play it at DJ's. They want to get a good Nebraska crowd there, as if it were an actual Nebraska game. Sounds kinda fun...not as fun as having an actual bowl game, though.