Movin to Longhorn Country

eliot1171

I am moving down to Austin on the first of the year and I am having a major issue finding housing in the price range I'm looking for. I am taking a position at the Austin Golf Club and would like something in the SW region. I would like to keep rent at around $400 dollars. I know this will be hard without a roommate, but at this point I know no one. I have a profile on roommates.com in hopes of finding something. Any input would be appreciated.

I am moving down to Austin on the first of the year and I am having a major issue finding housing in the price range I'm looking for. I am taking a position at the Austin Golf Club and would like something in the SW region. I would like to keep rent at around $400 dollars. I know this will be hard without a roommate, but at this point I know no one. I have a profile on roommates.com in hopes of finding something. Any input would be appreciated.

As you are finding out Austin is one of the highest places to live in Texas. My advice would be to look in surrounding areas such as Roundrock, Pflugerville or something like that. Besides the high priced living and the sh**ty traffic Austin is fun.

As you are finding out Austin is one of the highest places to live in Texas. My advice would be to look in surrounding areas such as Roundrock, Pflugerville or something like that. Besides the high priced living and the sh**ty traffic Austin is fun.

It is a bit pricey. I'm looking for a place in Marble Falls but the selection is limited at best.

It is a bit pricey. I'm looking for a place in Marble Falls but the selection is limited at best.

Marbles Falls is nice. Yeah most of the surrounding areas are either saturated with out of town living or college students.