sing school song after game is over?

np_husker

The Unity Council was a group of players (one from each group) that would basically take care of team problems. Players would go infront of the council if they were in trouble and would receive a punishment. Then the coach would okay the decision. They also would make team decisions such as what to do with a gift card given as a bowl gift. The Unity Council were the team leaders. I am not sure when it started but I know that Solich and Osborne used it. The coucil would make fair or harsh decisions (depending on who you talked to).

But I do question if this team has the leadership to run a program like the unity council.

I think that is pretty much it feel free to add.

no, nope, Nero....burn it.

i thought it was stupid and unorganized. USC does this and let them have it. this "tradition" started by Cally was his way of "grasping" the tradition here, while at the same time taking photos of legends down in the very halls the players walk through.

it needs to stop.

I definitely think the team should still come over and sing the school song. Cheesy? Sure. I was in the band in 2006, though, and it was just about the coolest feeling in the world to have the team come over and do that. The fans around us all seemed to get a kick out of it, too. What's the harm?

IMHO, it's kind of cheesy because Callahan started this 'tradition' only after victories......... If you're going to do it, then do it every time. It comes down to having pride in your university and state, no matter the outcome.

I definitely think the team should still come over and sing the school song. Cheesy? Sure. I was in the band in 2006, though, and it was just about the coolest feeling in the world to have the team come over and do that. The fans around us all seemed to get a kick out of it, too. What's the harm?

IMHO, it's kind of cheesy because Callahan started this 'tradition' only after victories......... If you're going to do it, then do it every time. It comes down to having pride in your university and state, no matter the outcome.

I and counter this with...What kid is going to want to sing a song after he just left his heart and soul on the field and still came up with a loss! You know what they say about morale victories......It's still a check in the Loss column!

I and counter this with...What kid is going to want to sing a song after he just left his heart and soul on the field and still came up with a loss! You know what they say about morale victories......It's still a check in the Loss column!

This has absolutely nothing to do with moral victories or moral losses (i.e. Ball St).

These players need to show some pride for this state & university, even after facing adversity..... did the Callahan era teach us nothing???

In Ames we had a great tradition back in the 80's. We used to smuggle in bottles of JD and whenever the Cyclones scored we would each take a shot!

Of course, we weren't very good in the 80's so we had to change the rules a little bit so that everytime the opponent scored we took a shot!

That didn't work out very well either...some games our defense actually held...so we changed the rules again so that every time an opponent scored, we turned the ball over or punted we took a shot!

Finally we just gave up and started drinking from the opening gun....Cyclone football in the 80's was much more fun than it is now.....

The difference between Husker football and that other stuff they play over in iowa.

and yet...here you stand, shoulder to shoulder with us in the Big 12 North cellar...

:clap:clap:lol::lol::clap:clap