SIGNED: LB Alonzo Whaley

chamrocck

From Husker Journal:

JANUARY 11, 2008. PREP STAR

ALONZO WHALEY, LB, 6-0, 211, 4.5, MADISONVILLE, TEXAS

“Without seeing Nebraska yet, they are slightly in the lead, but I want to visit them to know more.” said Alonzo, “Coach Eckeler (Nebraska) says he likes how I move to the ball, they are recruiting me as a Will or Sam.”

“Nebraska looses a lot of linebackers like Arizona State does. Nebraska coaches said it would be up to me to work hard and earn a spot.” he said.

“Nebraska is rebuilding and it happens, you have to bring people in. When Pelini was at LSU they stopped recruiting me because my test score was down but I did raise it up.”

“I like coach Pelini, him and Eckeler will visit me next week before I visit Nebraska January 25. In the championship game LSU’s defense steped it up and took over.” said Alonzo.

That's exactly the message we should be conveying! No promising spots to recruits!

Whats the deal with this guy on bigredreport.com it says he has a change of plans and breaking news? :dunno

he was scheduled to visit Baylor this weekend and NU next weekend. Now he has cancelled his visit to Baylor and will be coming to Lincoln this weekend to visit. He said that if his visit goes like he hopes it will and likes what the coaches have to say, he will leave Lincoln a Husker