Weight: 202 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date: 1/04/08

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Tulsa, Ok St

Favorites: Signed with NU

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star #7 dual threat, #46 Texas,

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star #31 QB

Assessing the talent: Scout- Spano has a strong arm and is very accurate. He can throw with velocity over the middle or on the deep out. Spano is also accurate with the long ball and can drop it in there in stride with great touch. He shows good pocket awareness and is willing to hang in there a little longer to wait for his receiver to get open. Spano is not afraid to take a hit and shows good poise for the position. He can be an effective runner at times.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 100% wants to come in early I expect a commit soon after visit, seems to really like the NU staff also parents seem to like NU too. edit- is enrolled in classes

As reported from Husker Journal. Looks pretty good for us. Article says he will meet Osborne.

DECEMBER 30, 2007. PREP STAR

KODY SPANO, QB, 6-2, 198, 4.7, STEPHVILLE, TEXAS

Kody at one time was an Oklahoma State commit and is a mid term graduate signee. Oklahoma State promised Kody a scholarship, but had to withdraw the offer because the Cowboys signed too many JUCO mid term players.

“I’m taking an official visit to Nebraska this weekend with my parents.” said Kody, “Coach Watson is recruiting me and said the offense that Nebraska will run next season is similar to Stevenville. Watson said Nebraska might run more shot gun next year.”

“Nebraska seems like that’s where I want to go.” he said, “I’m not sure if I will commit on my visit or not. I have to make up my mind soon. Nebraska’s classes start January 14.”

“I like Nebraska a lot, they have great tradition and Coach Pelini is making some changes. I’m excited about my visit we get to see Tom Osborne.”

“My ability is to pass and run, it was like the spread in high school.”

“Oklahoma State is still recruiting me.” said Kody, “They (Oklahoma State), think they have room for another mid term scholarship.”

From the LJS blog

Spano: Tulsa out of picture

Quarterback Kody Spano will decide his college future next week, according to The Oklahoman newspaper.

Spano, who will visit the Nebraska campus this weekend, said the Cornhuskers could move to the top of his list if the visit goes well.

Spano, of Stephenville, Texas, was Oklahoma State's first commitment and was expecting to report for the spring semester, but he was told by coach Mike Gundy that a scholarship wouldn't be available then.

Asked if OSU was still a possibility, Spano told The Oklahoman he hadn't talked to anyone with the Cowboys since last week.

He says he's no longer considering Tulsa.

Spano was hampered by a shoulder injury his senior year but threw for 2,263 yards and 23 touchdowns.

Looks like it is between us and Okie Lite.

To me, it sounds like Renfree is the better prospect, so I am not yet hoping for Spano to jump on board.

I am curious as to your reasons?

I watched films on both and the thing I see different between the two is: Renfree is your typical drop back/pocket passer who doesn't tuck it and run. Great strength who throws when both feet are planted. Spano is your typical spread option type, who can tuck it run when needed. He can also throw the ball on the roll outs and while scrambling. They both are great QB's who bring something different to the table. If were were lucky to land one of them, that would be great!

To me, it sounds like Renfree is the better prospect, so I am not yet hoping for Spano to jump on board.

From what I've read, I've kind of gathered that perhaps Renfree has better physical tools, has a higher ceiling but is more of a risk, and Spano is a better rounded prospect that is "less risky" and still brings alot to the table.

The visit went "awesome" according to his dad and he pretty much said Kody will commit here, but never actually said it. He says Kody now knows his decision, but he will wait and let Kody tell the media himself... He also said Kody is done taking visits, so I guess we will just wait until sometime this week for an official announcement from Kody!