Why would some of the walk-ons not be on the official release, I know NU recuirted Kanne to walkon but I dont seem him on the walkon list :dunno

They can only officially talk about them once they've actually had all of their enrollment paper work go through. (Even after a signed LOI is faxed in there is apparently some additional paper work to do so coaches can't talk about them until everything is done. At least that's what I gather from this Twit.) Otherwise, a walk-on could still be considered a recruit and talking about a recruit is forbidden.

• 2 weeks later...
He is currently signing for Nebraska walk on spot in our library. I am in the library at Columbus Scotus and he is currently signing on to Nebraska as a walk on. He will be offensive or defensive lineman.

I took Ryba off the list due to this article from the Columbus Telegram...

When the opportunity of a scholarship to play college football came along, Josh Ryba could not say no.

The Scotus Central Catholic senior signed a national letter of intent to play football for Hastings College in front of family Wednesday in the Scotus Media Center.

The decision came down to Hastings, Nebraska-Lincoln and Nebraska-Omaha. UNL and UNO wanted Ryba to walk-on, while the Broncos gave him a scholarship. The decision was an easy one for him to make.

• 11 months later...

According to Sean Callahan, these are the confirmed walk-ons so far.

Yusef Wade - Lincoln (Neb.) North Star - 5'11", 175 - DB

Dillon Schrodt - Lincoln (Neb.) North Star - 6'3", 185 - WR

Tyson McGill - Norfolk (Neb.) - 6'1", 225 - LB

Trevor Roach - Eklhorn (Neb.) - 6'3", 225 - LB

Jason Dann - Richardson (Texas) Lake Highlands - 6'0", 160 - K/P

Austin Williams - Omaha (Neb.) Burke - 6'2", 190 - LB

Derek Foster - Elm Creek (Neb.) - 5'11", 180 - S

Tyler Wullenwaber - Utica (Neb.) Centennial - 6'1", 180 - WR

Jeff Uher - Omaha (Neb.) Creighton Prep - 6'1", 257 - DT

J.C. Moore - Fremont (Neb.) - 6'3", 250 - DT/DE

Andy Gdowski - Grand Island (Neb.) - 6'3", 235 - DE

Josh Bart - Aurora (Neb.) Aurora HS - 6'1", 170 - DB

Joey Felici - Omaha (Neb.) Millard South HS - 5'9", 165 - DB

Keegan Hughes - Roswell (Georgia) Roswell HS - 6'1", 175 - WR

Mark Pelini - Youngstown (Ohio) Cardinal Mooney HS - 6'1", 290 - OL

Zach Taylor - Lincoln (Neb.) Southeast HS - 6'0", 195 - RB

What's all involved with walking on? When i get of the Army, I'm going to go back to school, and I'm thinking UNO or UNL. I do want to play football as a punter (I'm pretty decent, punted from the opposing 40 and hit the back of the endzone) and can run 4.5's in the 40. I'd love to think that I'd be able to tryout for the huskers. Can anyone give me a heads up if this is a reality?

What's all involved with walking on? When i get of the Army, I'm going to go back to school, and I'm thinking UNO or UNL. I do want to play football as a punter (I'm pretty decent, punted from the opposing 40 and hit the back of the endzone) and can run 4.5's in the 40. I'd love to think that I'd be able to tryout for the huskers. Can anyone give me a heads up if this is a reality?

Assuming you qualify academically, then your best bet would be to contact Jeff Jamrog.

jjamrog@huskers.com

(402) 472-3116

Assuming you qualify academically, then your best bet would be to contact Jeff Jamrog.

jjamrog@huskers.com

(402) 472-3116

well since i graduated HS i think i'd be ok since i havent gone to any college yet. thanks for the help

Best of luck to you, kozzman!

Best of luck to you, kozzman!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I just sent an email to Jeff asking him what I need to do and what he would recommend for me.

jjamrog@huskers.com

(402) 472-3116

well since i graduated HS i think i'd be ok since i havent gone to any college yet. thanks for the help

Best of luck to ya. Let us know what you find out. :)

• Mavric unpinned this topic