AAFL Draft

XFL 2.0

This will be a one and one thing I'm sure. People have no reason to care about these teams. Just look at the various indoor football and how little interest people have in them.

Give it a chance.

It's football so don't get me wrong...I'll watch about any football throughout the year....but yes, this has "One and Done" written all over it. Sorry....

XFL 2.0

This will be a one and one thing I'm sure. People have no reason to care about these teams. Just look at the various indoor football and how little interest people have in them.

Give it a chance.

It's football so don't get me wrong...I'll watch about any football throughout the year....but yes, this has "One and Done" written all over it. Sorry....

It has a chance, it is during the offseason of college football & the NFL..... I'm going to watch it anyway

I don't know, this to me has a chance if they do it correctly.

If they base it primarily on guys from that team's home school and other regional players and run a traditional offense than it could work.

For example a team in Nebraska made up primarily of NU grads and guys from Iowa, Missouri, Colorado and Kansas running an option offense would draw.

In Florida a team made up of Florida, Miami, Florida State grads running the fun and gun would draw.

In Texas using kids from the state running the Wishbone would draw.

Etc.

If they do it the way every other failed league has done and try to copy the NFL or place guys anywhere in the country run offenses that don't connect with the fanbase on some level than they will fail.

XFL 2.0

Give it a chance.

They got the right idea for the league with have players from the state of the team playing for there home state but I just don't think it will get enough TV exposure. Not that TV would help because there were XFL games on NBC.

XFL 2.0

Give it a chance.

They got the right idea for the league with have players from the state of the team playing for there home state but I just don't think it will get enough TV exposure. Not that TV would help because there were XFL games on NBC.

Will they get any TV exposure? As long as they stay away the gimics and look like a Carnival the way the XFL did they might do alright.

The only way I see this working is if instead of a draft they do take all the former Alabama players and put them on the Alabama team and likewise with all the other states that are involved with them then draft the players that arent represented. If Nebraska had a team I would be less likely to rush out to watch a player like Kingsburry as their QB then if Crouch was the QB.

Will their be option STYLE football or will they try to look like the NFL in order to intice players into playing in their league?

From what I have heard about the league the idea is to create a "college" atmosphere with pro players. Also there is a cap on pay for each player and each player must have graduated college. I am not sure how well this will go down either, although it will probably draw better here in Texas than the team that normally plays in their stadium (Rice) which puts an amazing 12,500 in what used to be a 70,000 seat stadium that was reduced in size to 44,000. I know I will watch a couple of games if they are on TV because Larry Haden, a former Texas State defensive back is on the Texas roster.

XFL 2.0

Give it a chance.

Will they get any TV exposure? As long as they stay away the gimics and look like a Carnival the way the XFL did they might do alright.

The only way I see this working is if instead of a draft they do take all the former Alabama players and put them on the Alabama team and likewise with all the other states that are involved with them then draft the players that arent represented. If Nebraska had a team I would be less likely to rush out to watch a player like Kingsburry as their QB then if Crouch was the QB.

Will their be option STYLE football or will they try to look like the NFL in order to intice players into playing in their league?

It would be great having all ex players from one school but thats virtually impossible now anyway. If this gets going for quite a few years that might change but you just dont have enough graduates of a particular school even playing to fill a roster.

This isn't "XFL 2.0", it's NFL Europe 2.0

It's essentially a minor league for the NFL. Since NFL Europe folded up last year, this might be they're shot at another developmental league.

I'm sure the NFL has a hand in this somewhere, and it wouldn't suprise me if this is going to be shown on the NFL network.