Texas vs. The Nation

The latest All-Star game is this weekend from El Paso. It's called Texas vs. The Nation and Nebraska LB Steve Octavian is on the Nation team. Kickoff is Saturday at 3pm and it's televised on CSTV for those of you that have it, I don't unfortunately. Texas State punter Chris MacDonald is on the Texas team so hopefully Octo will have a good game and force Texas to punt a lot.

When I originally read the headline I thought this was about recruits out of Texas! Its hard to find a D1 team without at least 4 Texas kids on it.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's tough not to find some kid from TX on a DI roster....

But it's still pretty pompous ot have the TX vs the world launch

I don't get this game. How do they determine the Texas roster, at first I figured it was either players from any Texas high school or someone who attend a Texas College. Then I saw Xavier Omon is on the Texas roster. Hmm...

What the heck? Omon played high school football here in Beatrice. As far as I know, his parents still live here.