sign09.png

Player: Jeremiah Sirles

Hometown: Lakewood, CO

Position: O tackle

Height: 6'8"

Weight: 270 lbs.

40 time: 5 secs

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Lousiville, K-State, Colorado, Colorado St, Texas Tech

Favorites: Lousiville, Michigan, Oregon, Texas Tech

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%, early but seems to like Lousiville, Texas Tech and Oregon

• 3 months later...

Latest from Husker Journal.

JUNE 3, 2008. PREP STAR

JEREMIAH SIRLES, OL, 6-6, 280, 5.0, LAKEWOOD (BEAR CREEK), COLORADO

Jeremiah was written offers from Kansas State, Nebraska, Louisville, Texas Tech, Arizona State, New Mexico State and Colorado State. Oregon gave Jeremiah a verbal offer and said a written letter will be in the mail.

“My top three right now are Oregon, Texas Tech and Louisville.” said Jeremiah

“I made it out to Texas Tech with my family. I sat down and had a conversation with Coach Leech in his office for about 30 minutes. He (Coach Leech) said they really like to have me. He said that I would have to redshirt my Freshman year.” said Sirles.

“Texas Tech runs the spread offense like most schools I like. Our coaching staff a couple years ago went down to a coach’s clinic at Texas Tech to learn their offense. Our offense at Bear Creek is just like Texas Tech now.” he said

“I went to Texas Tech spring game. They have great facilities and the weather is great. I love it there. Texas Tech has one of the highest graduation rates. Lubbock is a small town but the campus is fairly large.”

“I like Louisville. I don’t know much about them I check them out on the Internet. I get a lot of letters from them. I tried to connect with them (Louisville coaches) but because of my job it’s hard.”

“I will make it to Nebraska this summer.” he said, “My dad wants me to take visits to schools that offered me during the summer and then make official visits based from them.”

“Nebraska is close to home.” said Sirles, “It’s not even three or four hours.”

“Bo Pelini is a great coach he will definitely turn it around at Nebraska. Bo did a great job at LSU.” he said, “Barney Cotton came by last month he’s a really nice guy.”

“Nebraska is a dominate rushing team. My only concern would be run blocking. I’m good at pass blocking. It would be something I would need to improve on. All players have weaknesses.”

“All the schools I’m looking at are similar pass first then run. I want to go to a school where the coaching staff is stable. I don’t want to go somewhere where the staff will be gone when I get there.” said Sirles.

“I’m going to wedding in Chicago this week-end and I told the Northwestern coaches that I’m coming up.” he said, “The academics at Northwestern are the leader of the pack by far. All schools have good academics but Northwestern is the best.”

Jeremiah said he will commit by mid season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Says his leader is Oregon. We are in his top 5. Wants to verbal during his season so there is time if we want to make stronger push for him.

Rivals headline says NU co-leads. I'll try to find out if this new info or just the same thing we heard previously, NU in top 3 or 5.

Says his leader is Oregon. We are in his top 5. Wants to verbal during his season so there is time if we want to make stronger push for him.

Rivals headline says NU co-leads. I'll try to find out if this new info or just the same thing we heard previously, NU in top 3 or 5.

Co-leading with Oregon. Lately our track record competing with them for recruits isn't that good is it?

Co-leading with Oregon. Lately our track record competing with them for recruits isn't that good is it?

Um no! Any damn time we go up against Oregon we lose which, needless to say, REALLY PI$$ES ME OFF! I hate Oregon now.................. <_<

Um no! Any damn time we go up against Oregon we lose which, needless to say, REALLY PI$$ES ME OFF! I hate Oregon now.................. <_<

Ah, good ole Nike U.

• 2 weeks later...

in an article on scout, said that he will visit Oregon in Oct, and is trying to visit NU for the Colorado game.

said NU/OU are pretty much a tie.

Article is free right now

"Oregon and Nebraska are so neck and neck it's ridiculous."

Might also visit Louisville and Arizona State.

Well he would definately have a shot at starting fairly early here. Pick us Jeremiah you won't be sorry! :thumbs