ATH Shawn Bodtmann

Wow, that guy is an AWESOME reporter. What d-bag.

notice how he fails to comment on anything posted by a non-NU basher. even the PSU people saying to own up to his mistakes, no response. he misuses the word "no" to mean "know" and spells Ekler Eckler even AFTER being corrected on it. This guy is pure genius.

yah, i was reading that too. what an incredible tool bag.

This teaser -- Article: If one wants to know about Bodtman's Coach.... ------ is a forum on Scout.com....(It was on our homepage the last time I checked....

Anyone know what it is about??

Maybe about the reason he's not coaching there next year, he's fired.

Anywho here's OWH's take:

He didn't sign

12:40 p.m.: Linebacker Shawn Bodtmann did not sign a letter of intent today, according to an official at West Scranton (Pa.) High School.

Bodtmann was cut loose by Nebraska in January, drawing the ire of his former coach, Mike DeAntona, who was fired by the school after last season. Bodtmann originally committed to NU in April but struggled as a senior. He suffered an injury and lost weight, in part leading to his separation with the Huskers.

There’s more to this story, but Nebraska coaches are not allowed, under NCAA rules, to comment on an unsigned prospect. NU coach Bo Pelini may not be able to explain the situation today, since Bodtmann, technically, remains a recruitable athlete.

The Huskers tried to help find a new home for Bodtmann. He visited Maine and drew interest from Western Carolina, coached by former NU assistant Dennis Wagner, but nothing has materialized.

• 1 month later...

Bodtmann selects Maine

Shawn Bodtmann's tumultuous recruiting process has a happy ending after all.

The West Scranton senior football standout decided Wednesday night to accept a grant-in-aid package from the University of Maine.

It brings to a close months of frustration after the scholarship he had verbally accepted from the University of Nebraska last April had been rescinded in January.

"It's a huge weight off my shoulders," the 18-year-old Bodtmann said. "This process has been a lot more stressful than I wanted it to be."

One of the top recruits at his position in the state according to Rivals.com, Bodtmann is the 18th ranked player in Pennsylvania and is a three-star prospect.

At Maine, he is being considered as either a running back or a linebacker.

"Financially, it's the perfect situation, and I have a chance to play," Bodtmann said. "It's a pretty good deal.

"They are a winning football team. They are good academically. It's a win-win situation."

After being spurned by Nebraska, Bodtmann visited Maine, Western Carolina and Fordham.

He chose Maine, which is a member of the Football Championship Subdivision, the former Division I-AA. Last season, the Black Bears finished 8-5, losing in the first round of the NCAA playoffs.

"I really liked the team," Bodtmann said. "They were a really close group of guys. The coaches were great."

As a junior, Bodtmann played a major role in West Scranton winning the District 2 Class AAA championship, rushing for 1,452 yards with 22 touchdowns. His 4.58-second time in the 40-yard dash, size and strength, bench pressing 275 pounds, made him a sought-after recruit.

During his senior season, the 6-foot, 205-pounder battled injuries but still featured the bruising running style in gaining 389 yards with four touchdowns.

"I'm very happy for him," former West Scranton coach Michael DeAntona said. "Shawn is a great kid and he is a blue-collar kid. He comes to work every day with his lunch pail. He was a four-year starter for me. He had a great career at West Scranton and really made a name for himself.

"I think Shawn made a good choice, and we look forward to his success in the future."

Bodtmann found himself at the center of attention on National Letter of Intent signing day in February when Nebraska's last-minute decision to rescind his scholarship offer became highly publicized.

Now, he'll have his chance to play college football.

"What happened is in the past," Bodtmann said. "It's time to look forward."

Link: The Times Tribune