NU Alum Johnny Carson dies

I didn't know where to put this, so we'll keep it here.

You can post your goodbyes and personal messages to a legend and one of the most popular NU alumni of all time. Huskerboard will get them sent to the Univertsity and then on to his family. Please feel free to post what you will.

As a UNL graduate myself, I keep updated on the day-to-day buisness and other going-ons of campus life in Lincoln. Just recently Mr. Carson donated over 5 million dollars to build the new theater in downtown Lincoln. Although he kept quite over the last few years, he always found time to speak highly of the University. His eyes got brighter, his smile a bit wider, and his tone more sensible as he spoke of his beloved Nebraska.

He said true to his roots, his Nebraska roots. His non-verbal humor, his dedication, he was never flashy, but damn he was funny. Many people owe him a debt of gratitutde. Think of all the comedians who got their start on "The Tonight Show."

Carson won 6 academy awards

Nearly all of Carson's professional life was spent in television, from his postwar start at Nebraska stations in the late 1940s to his three decades with NBC's ``The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.''

Johnny Carson dies at the age of 79.

Carson passes away

Wow, where do you start. What a legend. :worship Thanks to Johnny for redefining the Late Night scene, and paving the way for so many others. Thanks for all the laughs, charitable contributions, and most importantly representing the State of Nebraska with great pride, respect & dignity.

My sympathies to the Johnny Carson family.

What I remember most is that he created such a warm, inviting atmosphere. A shy man that had the ability to bring out the best in those he invited to appear. Imagine being a young comic, and having to come out before a studio audience and millions more on TV - and have Johnnie Carson sitting to your right. Yet, time and again, those folks provided their best - a sign of how much effort Mr. Carson made to make them feel comfortable.

Ah, one of the worst parts of growing older - there will never be that kind of magic on TV again.

Image of golf swing on a darkened stage...

As I was flipping through the channels on Sunday night I saw the news that Johnny had passed. My first thoughts were about how my dad and I watched an episode of MASH and then the "Late Show" every night growing up. It was one of those father son bonding moments that I will never forget. Monday night I called my dad and we shared our thoughts on our good times and our favorite episodes. The funny thing was my dad was thinking of calling his dad to do the same thing. We then talked about Johnny's legacy lasting through 3 generations. There are few people that can have that kind of an impact to the American family in such a positive light.

Thank you Johnny for all the memories and to the Carson family, you will be in our prayers.

As I was flipping through the channels on Sunday night I saw the news that Johnny had passed. My first thoughts were about how my dad and I watched an episode of MASH and then the "Late Show" every night growing up. It was one of those father son bonding moments that I will never forget. Monday night I called my dad and we shared our thoughts on our good times and our favorite episodes. The funny thing was my dad was thinking of calling his dad to do the same thing. We then talked about Johnny's legacy lasting through 3 generations. There are few people that can have that kind of an impact to the American family in such a positive light.

Thank you Johnny for all the memories and to the Carson family, you will be in our prayers.

well sed brotha. Much respect to JC. :worship you will be deeply missed.